PRP seats disappointing

• waited a month to get my PRP SS seats. Let me start by saying the look really good. Now for the bad, even though people were listing all over forums that the lumbar support wasn't working when they received theirs, mine showed up with the same problem. Now I am being told to ship them back, wait a week to a week and a half and they will add some silicone to correct the issue. I am in manufacturing and once we identified a problem which they did before mine were shipped, we would never let another set get out that were faulty. I would expect this out of China but these were made right here in the USA. Next issue, even though they are being listed as suspension seats on the web sites, the SS model actually has a seat pan; issue number one the seat pan was so drastically curved that I had to use a c-clamp to pull it down to get the bolts in to connect it to the frame. Others are purchasing longer bolts and then swapping to the supplied bolts once it pulled into place. Neither solution should have to be done but I guess as consumers we have allowed suppliers off the hook for too long when they supply low quality products, myself included as I immediately looked for away around the issue. My next issue is that I specifically bought these seats to make the ride less jarring on my back. Unfortunately, the foam padding in the seats isn't adequate so now what I feel is the seat pan as I go down the road. I am a strong believer in allowing a manufacturer to respolve issues but when I contacted the seller who then contacted the manufacturer, all i got was we will send you a shipping label so you can send back the back portion of you seats, which by the way never should have left the factory with an already known problem, nothing about expediting shipping. I was told it should take about a week to a week and a half. No attempt to resolve the issue with feeling the seat pan. I was simply told they offer a thicker seat pad but you won't like it. Additionally, I asked to purchase on of the switches for the heated seat because I damaged one during installation. To this they were more than happy to sell me a new switch. Really, where has the art of good customer service gone. Oh well, at least they look good, maybe I should expect so much for $1600.

Sent from my iPad

• waited a month to get my PRP SS seats. Let me start by saying the look really good. Now for the bad, even though people were listing all over forums that the lumbar support wasn't working when they received theirs, mine showed up with the same problem. Now I am being told to ship them back, wait a week to a week and a half and they will add some silicone to correct the issue. I am in manufacturing and once we identified a problem which they did before mine were shipped, we would never let another set get out that were faulty. I would expect this out of China but these were made right here in the USA. Next issue, even though they are being listed as suspension seats on the web sites, the SS model actually has a seat pan; issue number one the seat pan was so drastically curved that I had to use a c-clamp to pull it down to get the bolts in to connect it to the frame. Others are purchasing longer bolts and then swapping to the supplied bolts once it pulled into place. Neither solution should have to be done but I guess as consumers we have allowed suppliers off the hook for too long when they supply low quality products, myself included as I immediately looked for away around the issue. My next issue is that I specifically bought these seats to make the ride less jarring on my back. Unfortunately, the foam padding in the seats isn't adequate so now what I feel is the seat pan as I go down the road. I am a strong believer in allowing a manufacturer to respolve issues but when I contacted the seller who then contacted the manufacturer, all i got was we will send you a shipping label so you can send back the back portion of you seats, which by the way never should have left the factory with an already known problem, nothing about expediting shipping. I was told it should take about a week to a week and a half. No attempt to resolve the issue with feeling the seat pan. I was simply told they offer a thicker seat pad but you won't like it. Additionally, I asked to purchase on of the switches for the heated seat because I damaged one during installation. To this they were more than happy to sell me a new switch. Really, where has the art of good customer service gone. Oh well, at least they look good, maybe I should expect so much for $1600.

Sent from my iPad

Contact ScottfromPRPseats

• I'll be honest, I had some issues with bolt alignment and I had to tap out all my bolts which had an apoxy/ weld like snot in threads ( I posted pics back then) I also didn't like the fact I had to remove material so bolts would go in without biting the material/ padding...

BUT.... even though a few things I wasn't happy with the seats looks great and are comfortable.

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @slingbush, I have an extra set of switches for the heaters. Pm me and I'll send them to you. As far as the seat bottoms, I've posted, as have others, about he lack of support from the standard issue foam they use for the bottom. They do have the stiffer/firmer foam that works as I was expecting from the beginning. I was used to Corbin saddles on all my bikes and that's basically what I asked them for. Worked like a charm. Very happy with my seats now.

• It seems that the level of quality in MANY Slingshot products and services is sub-par compared to other various aftermarket venues. The newness of the SS coupled with the newness of products rushed to market seems to leave a lot of beta testing to the end users. I have the Gen 2 seats also and was one of the first as I had waited for the oversize cushion option which wasn't available on Gen 1s. The install had some issues with redrilling and deburring and I was disappointed also on the cushions which were way too soft and completely lost the extra height I was looking for. As the cushions are just velcroed on with zippered cushions, I played with various foams till I found one that worked for me. Conversely, I was quite happy with the final product and gave excellent reviews. IMO, the diff between my experience and yours was that I had low expectations based on many other aftermarket SS products purchased where I had to make modifications to either fit or work. I'm happy with a good lump of clay and never expected a well tested, fine tuned product. I do agree with you wholeheartedly that the manufacturers need to fix reported problems in a more timely manner.

• Some of you may know me and some may have chatted with me or met me in person. If not, I am Scott from PRP Seats. We have been making suspension seats here in California since 1997. We understand some of you have ran into issues with our Air Lumbar and installation issues with our seats. We did have a batch with a dozen of bad Air Lumbar and I did announce it on the "Other Forum" and let those know if they faced any issues to direct those questions to me before going on a keyboard war. We are a business built on real people who actually go ride, drive and develop some of the best products on the market for both Slingshots and off-road racing. Some things that are used in production we have to trust our vendors just as you trust us. We have never told anyone to shove it or said no when it comes to standing behind what we create. Yes if you break something when installing you should pay for the part to fix it as if when we send you something that doesn't work you want us to replace it and we do. That is not about customer service that is about owning your mistake. As for it not being a suspension seat I am posting pictures of our suspension seat pan that is used on both seats. The whole bottom is open and uses a suspension liner laced up below the foam cushion. Both the seats we manufacture use an identical seat pan. The difference is that the SS Seat use a firmer foam with an additional inch of memory foam and a removable cushion. As for hardware when we use the correct length bolts you guys complain they are hard to install, when they are long enough to get started you say they stick up to far so we recommend getting one longer bolt if you have issues getting them started. When we use a standard cushion you want thicker, then you say thicker looks to thick and is like a log. But just as any placebo effect happens people say well maybe I too feel something because that other guy did. Yes we do have experience in our seats in a Slingshot before we sell them. I have hundreds of miles in the new SS Seat with the original soft foam used in the first 12 pairs of seats before we upgraded to a firmer foam. I am 225 lbs and can not feel the pan because there is no pan under your butt to feel. So i ask you to judge for yourself and see both the original seat and new seat use the same thing. The original people don't feel it, so now knowing hundreds don't and its the same do you really feel it? We do really value your constructive input and take all those things into consideration during our design process. You are welcome to email me with any ideas, suggestions and even complaints at scott@prpseats.com.

• @ScottfromPRPseats I have used and love your Slingshot seats and covers.

I am once again contemplating recovering my original PRP suspension seats. I noticed "Mocha Liberty" the color on my covers isn't available on @slingmods seat builder for the suspension seats. Are all colors options available accross all seats and also available for all seat sections? I also wonder if the lower seat back sides(below shoulder) can be made to match the "arms and hip" color, also if you tried it and it doesn't look as good? If these things are possible, could you or Slingmods PM me so I can give you a couple combos I would like to see rendered. Please answer here as well, for others that may be wondering. :)

Are you guys working on covers for the New '17 Slingshot seats(both/either)?

• @WOLF Yes we have that color still available. Just not one we use much in those builders as it not a common Slingshot color. We can even do that diamond stitching on the seats through Slingmods too. If you want that lower section a certain color out of standard pattern its $30 out of pattern charge as we have to cut the material twice. Yes on another cover, just waiting for the new seat to arrive in the next couple weeks to start a new design on the new seat. Your welcome to give me a call and we can go over options.

Scott