• Why the USPS is in serious debt...

One word: Incompetence

Other than groceries & personal hygiene supplies, I do the bulk of my shopping on line. I am constantly tracking packages online. I’ve dealt with about every carrier on the planet at one point or another. USPS is still the worst, sometimes managing to even “lose” (read, “steal”) packages. I can give countless examples. Here’s the most recent example...

Ordered a bottle of touchup paint for one of my vehicles & it was shipped out via Priority Mail on Monday 2/5 (so that’s 2 business days, 3 tops) from San Francisco. When I got the email from the business on 2/5, I verified that yes, indeed, the USPS received the package on that date. I live in Las Cruces, NM. On Friday the 9th, the package had found its way to Houston, TX (?!?!). There, it languished for 4 days. Finally, it was on its way to El Paso, TX, arriving there in another mere 3 days. That was on the morning of Friday the 16th. It was immediately dispatched to Las Cruces (only 50 miles north). It has been “in transit” from El Paso to Las Cruces from Friday morning until today, Tuesday the 20th, arriving (FINALLY!!!!) this afternoon! :00008862:
    So, in all, 15 days for “Priority Mail”. Unfortunately, this is not that uncommon.

I think I discovered their problem when I saw one of their courier vehicles out & about today...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Well as he continues to attempt to take over the world I saw Jeff Bezos’s Amazon is going to open his own delivery company to compete with all the other carriers. Obviously he is not satisfied with the others service either. I think Amazon is going to make Walmart look like a 7/11 by the time their done.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I order a switch last week to make up my garage door openers for fitting the dash of the sling. The switches were picked up by USPS in St.Clair shores Michigan not 30 miles the way the crow flys across the border from me and got notice today they made it to Chicago for international flight. Thats only a few 100 miles the complete opposite direction. Sad part is they will fly it to Toronto now a few hundred miles in the complete other direction of me ;(

• I have to say I really do not understand the USPS school of thought. I know we are kinda backwards here in Coonassland but figure this one out. If I mail a letter locally here in Lake Charles, LA to a Lake Charles address it has to go 75 miles east to Lafayette, LA, be sorted then sent back to Lake Charles for delivery. We have 3 large post office buildings here / can anyone splain that to me ;(?(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have to say I really do not understand the USPS school of thought. I know we are kinda backwards here in Coonassland but figure this one out. If I mail a letter locally here in Lake Charles, LA to a Lake Charles address it has to go 75 miles east to Lafayette, LA, be sorted then sent back to Lake Charles for delivery. We have 3 large post office buildings here / can anyone splain that to me ;(?(

They do the same thing here even though there is a local box in the post office. They send to Florence 80 miles away and then ship back to Georgetown.

• Same situation here in Tucson. If I want to send a letter to someone in Tucson and I mail it in Tucson, it goes to Phoenix then back to Tucson and delivered at some point in time, hopefully to the intended address.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

Lots of obstacles for postal workers in Coonassland ;(;(

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.