Right Turn Auto Accelerating with ABS [ SOLVED ]

• Hello all,

Symptoms:

• Accelerate while turning
    • Speedometer drops down to 0 mph if given enough time
    • ABS kicks in

Solution: Replaced rear bearings

• Bearing was giving wrong speed at just some points.
    • The Bearing to the eye and physical check looked fine.
    • Needed to have Engineers analyze the sensor data from the ECU to discover.

Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by Jdin ().

• You might want to make sure you have the switch on the turn signal lever for the cruise control set to OFF. They have had (mine was one of them) that when left in the on position, even though it's not SET, it reacts and goes into a resume mod and accelerates on its own. Scares the hell out of you the first time it happens

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @funinthesun has a good starting point. Could be a crossed (grounding) wires that makes contact as the wheel is turned. Wire loom running from the column and out may be a place to look.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• You might want to make sure you have the switch on the turn signal lever for the cruise control set to OFF. They have had (mine was one of them) that when left in the on position, even though it's not SET, it reacts and goes into a resume mod and accelerates on its own. Scares the hell out of you the first time it happens

Noted and Will give them that suggestion on Monday

Thank you.

• Dang brother. Sorry to hear this. Keep us posted ... Kind of a crazy issue. Hopefully Monday they will have it fixed for GOOD.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Dang brother. Sorry to hear this. Keep us posted ... Kind of a crazy issue. Hopefully Monday they will have it fixed for GOOD.

Yeah man! Its killing me, I have not ridden in about three weeks. Missing out on lots of great nights riding. I do hope they can get it fixed up soon!

Polaris tried to blame my modifications for the problems. That delayed some of the dealer wanting to repair it for awhile.

Best one was. Blaming the Variable exhaust, because it could have caused an "electrical issue" .. Yeah plugged into the 12V lighter socket. :cursing::cursing::cursing: .

• Yeah man! Its killing me, I have not ridden in about three weeks. Missing out on lots of great nights riding. I do hope they can get it fixed up soon!
    Polaris tried to blame my modifications for the problems. That delayed some of the dealer wanting to repair it for awhile.

Best one was. Blaming the Variable exhaust, because it could have caused an "electrical issue" .. Yeah plugged into the 12V lighter socket. :cursing::cursing::cursing: .

That's crazy. They suck. They do whatever they can to get out of warranty repairs.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I would like to let everyone know that they solved the issue. - I will update my first post as well so people do not have to dig this far down.

Symptoms:

• Accelerate while turning
    • Speedometer drops down to 0 mph if given enough time
    • ABS kicks in

Solution: Replaced rear bearings

• Bearing was giving wrong speed at just some points.
    • The Bearing to the eye and physical check looked fine.
    • Needed to have Engineers analyze the sensor data from the ECU to discover.
  • Sorry I missed this thread earlier, mine had exactly the same symptoms! I will add that if you kept pushing through the corner with the abs light on, the ecu would then start to cut out the engine.

Had the dealer look for readings in the ecu over a month ago shortly after it happened. The readings showed intermentant speed sensor on the rear wheel. There is no codes for this but did have a intermentant time stamps. The sensor was fine so I replaced the rear bearing(wheel side only) myself with my backup that same day. Before I removed the bearing, I could see the seals were broken. Replacing with a new bearing immediately fixed all of the symptoms.

I then took the old bearing to my dealer to file a warranty claim for the bearing itself with documented ecu readings. Polaris came through with a new bearing within a week.

Glad you got it fixed now. Maybe others can avoid down time if they have similar symptoms, again you will not get any codes. These symptoms are actually early stages of the large bearing failure.

• Thanks guys, 4 weeks but the dealership was awesome giving me weekly updates almost like clock work. - Tri County Honda is located in Petersburg, WV. Shop our large online inventory.

Tri county is awesome. AJ told me he had a problem child in the shop. Didn't know it was you. And a week or two after your baby is home, he will call to check on you to make sure the fix held. Awesome.

Didn't you go through another set of bearings before?

• Tri county is awesome. AJ told me he had a problem child in the shop. Didn't know it was you. And a week or two after your baby is home, he will call to check on you to make sure the fix held. Awesome.

Didn't you go through another set of bearings before?

It was a needle bearing.

• @Jdin, when this happened to you before in a right turn, was it while you were braking or just coming off the brake, or did you literally just have to turn the wheel to the right to activate the issue?

I am having an issue where, as I am in a right turn, if I brake, the Sling accelerates as I am coming off the brake. No drop in RPM that I see, no lights illuminate on the dash. Wondering if I am chasing a variation of the problem you had, or if this is a new gremlin.

• @Jdin, when this happened to you before in a right turn, was it while you were braking or just coming off the brake, or did you literally just have to turn the wheel to the right to activate the issue?

I am having an issue where, as I am in a right turn, if I brake, the Sling accelerates as I am coming off the brake. No drop in RPM that I see, no lights illuminate on the dash. Wondering if I am chasing a variation of the problem you had, or if this is a new gremlin.

Sounds like the cruise control (multi-function) switch screwing up. Mine did a similar thing. It accelerated by itself when i put the left turn signal on. T=Make sure the switch is off and see if that cures the problem. If it does, you found the problem

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE