Right Turn Auto Accelerating with ABS [ SOLVED ]

• Sounds like the cruise control (multi-function) switch screwing up. Mine did a similar thing. It accelerated by itself when i put the left turn signal on. T=Make sure the switch is off and see if that cures the problem. If it does, you found the problem

@funinthesun, I walked out to check the Sling this afternoon, and sure as shit, the cruise switch was on. I shudder to think how long it's been in the on position. Like, weeks. I'm going to run the machine through its paces this week with and without it and see if I can get some observations on it. I assume that's not proper operation, so....think it's repairable under warranty?

• And is it even worth it?

@KayTwo....if the issue is the cruise control assembly on the turn signal stem...then Yes, it is definitely worth replacing, since it's not horribly expensive and quite easy to replace the whole turn signal stem assembly. (about 20-30 minutes) If it's a deeper issue with the wiring harness along the steering column...then, well, perhaps you want to consider the cost of replacement versus how often you use your cruise control. I use mine quite often, so I would miss it terribly.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• @Jdin, when this happened to you before in a right turn, was it while you were braking or just coming off the brake, or did you literally just have to turn the wheel to the right to activate the issue?

I am having an issue where, as I am in a right turn, if I brake, the Sling accelerates as I am coming off the brake. No drop in RPM that I see, no lights illuminate on the dash. Wondering if I am chasing a variation of the problem you had, or if this is a new gremlin.

I just needed to turn hard and it accelerated on its own.