Friendly reminder.. protect your engine bling

• yes... with 300 miles on the new one I was standing next to it when it dropped. Look at the 3m tape you will see that maybe 1/4 of the tape has the pattern from the plastic panel. Bottom line is the person responsible for pressing them into place ain't doing the job... also no promoter is used. They are ugly so it's a good thing the jump for freedom on there own.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• 1) Make sure all three hood pads are secure and the center bracket isn't bent2) Refrain from slamming the hood
    3) Replace said screw with one that has a flatter (thinner) head
    4) Inspect motor mounts
    5) Check hood hinges for proper adjustment

These are just a few off the top of my head I'm sure others may have more suggestions

I also cut a small piece of self adhesive felt pad and placed it on the new smaller screw head.

Now, even I it does slam and hit, the valve cover just gets hit be the felt. No chips or scratches for this guy.

Look for these adhesive felt pads at Lowe's or Home Depot is the furniture acc. section.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• located another spot to watch on the hoods. There is a cutout in the center support for the cam phase sensors when the hood is closed. The lower edge is just touching the front of my cover. Will grind it back a little.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• located another spot to watch on the hoods. There is a cutout in the center support for the cam phase sensors when the hood is closed. The lower edge is just touching the front of my cover. Will grind it back a little.

Had the same issue when I first got my Sling. At first I assumed it was the screw everyone else talked about, but after grinding the screw down and still having the problem, I found the corner of the support was the culprit. Cut some out, smoothed it with my dremel and problem solved!! :00007555:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Just fixed my reflector on Thursday. As you said, it had to be the heat. I added a could of tiny drops of gorilla super glue to the back of the reflector. That baby is not going anywhere!!!!!!

• Just fixed my reflector on Thursday. As you said, it had to be the heat. I added a could of tiny drops of gorilla super glue to the back of the reflector. That baby is not going anywhere!!!!!!

Devon put ours back on with gorilla glue also.
    A couple of months ago we were at Ryan's walking across the parking lot and we both saw it fall off.

• Just a friendly reminder to those with or soon getting wonderful painted valve covers. watch the front screw used to secure the hood center fake vent. with the hood closed it gets very close or could just rub your valve cover. I figure mine was from the spirited driving on the North GA funfest weekend. Just a very small a scuff. Should be easy to fix. For now that from screw has been removed until I can do the required mod..

Ours has the exact same mark on it. Ugh.
    Devon put a hood center pad on it and bent a bracket back.
    Painter any stock fix touch up that we can get to get close to a match?

• Ours has the exact same mark on it. Ugh.Devon put a hood center pad on it and bent a bracket back.
    Painter any stock fix touch up that we can get to get close to a match?

Pam, sorry but you will be hard pressed to find anything close as yours is a special mix! I would go to an auto paint supply shop with your Sling or a part from it and they might come close. Anything to darken would help hide it. I think the newer ones may have more clearance issues than mine!

• got home and removed the vent panel to see if I had clearance. Maybe an 1/8" at best but enough to counter sink the hole a little and get a stainless steel counter sunk head screw. Its close but I think I should be OK. Will monitor and fix further if needed.

Picture makes it look a lot closer. Basically it is just confirming that the screw is the cause

I took a over size drill bit and very CAREULLY counter sunk the screw hole and used a counter sunk head screw. If you are not extra carefull you will have just a big hole.