Polaris Looks to Costco to Help Rev Slingshot Sales

• When we still had a Costco membership a couple years ago I shopped a few models of cars we were looking at. I got my best price negotiating with the dealer not from Costco's discount program. So unless something has changed this might be a convenient way for some people to buy their vehicles and avoid negotiations but I have yet to find a "wholesale" club price that would beat dealing directly with a dealer. This includes the so-called "employee discount" programs offered many times.

In fact, at one dealer of a particular model I was shopping at the time the sales manager said he would gladly sell me the vehicle at the higher negotiated Costco price. :)

• If nothing else- it is good exposure for the slingshot. A week ago, I was surprised when asked if I had bought it at Costco. Then, she told me that she had "seen one just like it at Costco". Found out that the Roseville, CA dealer is the one participating. Out of all 3 dealerships within a 50 mile radius of me, they were the highest priced on freight and dealer prep. (Needless to say- not my dealer.......)