Discounted extended Warranty

• Hey All,
    Ive heard there's a dealer who is offering the extended warranty for the slingshot at a discounted price.
    I've been thinking about purchasing the extended warranty.
    What do you all think, is it a good buy?
    Polaris wants $1,284 for 5 years, :00008698: but if I can get a discount, I have more mod money!!

• Hey All,
    Ive heard there's a dealer who is offering the extended warranty for the slingshot at a discounted price.
    I've been thinking about purchasing the extended warranty.
    What do you all think, is it a good buy?
    Polaris wants $1,284 for 5 years, :00008698: but if I can get a discount, I have more mod money!!

And he is here also - cleverly disguised as @cball86... :thumbup:

HAHA Sorry for the lack of consistency with the screen name between forums... I sponsor about 15 different ones and half know me as cball86 and half as fixmytoyschris.

Our price on the OEM Polaris 5 year total protection is $975 to forum members. If you were interested in purchasing you can give my staff a call at (855) 640-3785.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Chris

• I never buy extended warranties and never needed them but was considering buying one. Talked to my dealer and he offered it for $1,000 but he said he never buys them either. They just cover things that never break. Now I am sure there are some here that wish they had one for the one off problems. But when you consider all the SS's out there, how many are breaking after the 2 year warranty runs out? I have 26k on the clock and everything that needed work has been covered under warranty to date. The only thing I had done that I may have needed an extended warranty on was the brake switches.

• I never buy extended warranties and never needed them but was considering buying one. Talked to my dealer and he offered it for $1,000 but he said he never buys them either. They just cover things that never break. Now I am sure there are some here that wish they had one for the one off problems. But when you consider all the SS's out there, how many are breaking after the 2 year warranty runs out? I have 26k on the clock and everything that needed work has been covered under warranty to date. The only thing I had done that I may have needed an extended warranty on was the brake switches.

I think it's a personal decision for everyone... It's bad math... because it has to be. Your paying for a form of insurance and the benefit is peace of mind, every one values that differently. Personally I think the powertrain only option is pretty cheap for the assurance that you won't have to cover major component failure. Last, at the point of re-sale an active extended warranty adds huge value.

• Anyone know what the actual cost is to have the dealer replace the axle bearings? This known failure alone might be worth having the extended warranty coverage for at least until a viable aftermarket fix is available for them.

• The parts are less than the warranty. In today's world the manufacturer doesn't always have to (or seem to anymore) offer "goodwill" warranty coverage - meaning if you have a legitimate failure, say, one month out of warranty they can say no (they offered longer warranty coverage and you declined). Back in the day they probably would have covered it. Extended warranty is always a gamble but it's piece of mind. :whistling:

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Realize the parts are less than a grand but how much is parts and labor which would be covered under the extended warranty? Rear axle bearing is not something I am ever going to tackle myself but almost sure it will be dead within 5 years of ownership.

I personally would rather spend the grand on a better aftermarket fix because at least there's a fighting chance at having a more permanent solution to a known poor design but nothing readily available yet short of going quad conversion.

• Realize the parts are less than a grand but how much is parts and labor which would be covered under the extended warranty? Rear axle bearing is not something I am ever going to tackle myself but almost sure it will be dead within 5 years of ownership.

I personally would rather spend the grand on a better aftermarket fix because at least there's a fighting chance at having a more permanent solution to a known poor design but nothing readily available yet short of going quad conversion.

There is another option. Bullet Speed has the "Slingarm", an entire swingarm replacement. Stock length is $1999

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Speaking of Polaris extended warranties for slingshots, I saved everyone the trouble of finding the other threads on similar forums!

Slingshot Polaris Authorized Extended Protection Plans - 25% OFF

Please PM @cball86 or myself if you have any questions.

• I made sure I purchased 5 year coverage with the extended warranty. Since I am going to be making payments that long, I want as few issues to arise during that time as possible. But, if they do, I have the extra coverage for it.

Of course this means I can't really make major modifications right away either, (Supercharger or Turbo....leaning towards the Supercharger though). Which I suppose is fine too, considering I can't afford them till then either, lol.

• @Tripod Does that mean you live down near Sarnia? (ish)

Our road trip brings us through the Straights down to Flint and across to Sarnia on our way through to Buffalo, NY.

• No - I live in New Mexico...

Ok, got my hopes up. Was going to suggest a coffee, but it might be a little far for you to join me, lol

I switched up the Ball Equipment website with the Fixmytoys one. Saw the locations you listed and was like...."Hey...."

• Mbmedic, I work in Sarnia and live 20 minutes south. I would enjoy meeting up for a coffee with a fellow slingshot owner. I am the only current owner this side of the bridge in this area that I am aware of. Not sure when your coming this way but let me know

• I'm interested in the extended warranty based on what's been said here, but if a supercharger is added, then it's done? What about components unrelated to the supercharger?

My main concern is labor costs, because I don't believe I can do much (no knowledge)...