And miles to go before I sleep,

• I get it. We are all busy it seems. For my wife and I, we have grand kids that we try to see often and follow their sports. We have 2 properties to deal with for now, as mom passed away on May 1st. We had been her caregivers for the last 3 years of her life, and that kept us busy also. Now we are going through all the things in the house, getting it ready for eventual sale. I work 30 miles from home, and currently work 10 hours a day. Did I mention we gutted our kitchen and doing a complete remodel? =O

But somehow, in the 72 days that I've owed my SS SL, I've found a way to put 7,100 miles on it! I need to step up my game a bit, another 100 miles and it would be an average of 100 miles a day since I've owned it! Goals..... ;)

• But somehow, in the 72 days that I've owed my SS SL, I've found a way to put 7,100 miles on it!

GH brother,
    Lived that a few years back. Was my Dad's caregiver, and all the busyness of life cramped into the shortest days ever back then. I look back and wonder how I ever did that. However, with that said, I miss it tremendously. Taking care of my Dad, was the greatest honor of my life. He was my Dad, my mentor, my boss, and most of all, my best friend. I'd break a finger just to have lunch with him again. My toys during that 4 year period, were my stress relief. A blast on the bike, a cruise on the lake, an ATV ride up into the mountain with my wife to enjoy the peacefulness. It all kept me focused and helped me cope with all of it, and trying to keep my business above water all at the same time. Without those little distractions that I love, I don't know how successful I would have been.
    You have the Slingshot. All is perfect when you get in the saddle. Those long rides, that is where you solve all the problems. Then all of a sudden, life isn't so bad, you feel you can handle it all with confidence. It's your mental health break, therapy, emotional stress reliever, call it what you want, it's all the same. Sling on brother!! I swear if more people would grab a handful of throttle, we'd put half the shrinks out of business!! Keep at it brother, you're awesome!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• GH brother,Lived that a few years back. Was my Dad's caregiver..... Those long rides, that is where you solve all the problems.

Was the same for me @ConnMan. Dad passed away in Feb of 2011, and the last 3 years of his life got rather rough. He had Parkinson's, and was in late stage four when he passed away. We helped mom with him a good bit of that time. Spent most of that next summer fixing up things on their home that had been let go over time. Dad had told me he had all the things taken care of, but I should have known to check closely myself. The summer after that was playing catch up on my place, mostly things I'd let go to work on mom and dad's place. Then early summer of 2013, mom fell and cracked her pelvis. That was the beginning of a roller coaster ride over three years of failing health. Also, I was in a rather bad motorcycle wreck in August of 2013. We have not given them up, but have reduced to two Harleys, one for each of us. When you have responsibilities like being caregiver, still working full time, being active in my church, and having grand kids that we wanted to be active with also, something has to give. Most of our "fun" times were limited greatly, because the priorities were needed elsewhere. After mom passed my wife said she felt guilty just thinking about doing something fun, let alone doing it. I had been watching the SS long before they were being sold. What better way to learn how to have fun again? We bought ours the following weekend. It's had a few issues, but I still grin ear to ear every time I see it!