Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• Just talked to Crystal - her & her family are all good. She was promoted to O-3 this morning. She won't get too many checks at her new pay grade as she's leaving the Navy in February. She has already accepted a position as a nurse at a hospital in Illinois. I'll be seeing her in March.

Glad to hear everything is going well for here and here family :thumbsup::)

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Just talked to Crystal - her & her family are all good. She was promoted to O-3 this morning. She won't get too many checks at her new pay grade as she's leaving the Navy in February. She has already accepted a position as a nurse at a hospital in Illinois. I'll be seeing her in March.

Tell the LT congratulations from an old salty Chief! Great to hear that she already has her post military job lined up, and that you'll get to see her again in March!

US Navy 1990-2015
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
    better than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We
    seek not your council nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds
    you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

--Samuel Adams

• I've been amiss in informing the forum...

Crystal has completed her military obligation & is once again a civilian. Technically, she's on terminal leave, but for all intents and purposes, is a civilian. Her family has moved to Illinois where she has accepted a nice job offer at a civilian hospital. Her husband Paul will be attending UTI in Lisle, IL full time (under the GI Bill - he was a diesel mechanic in the Coast Guard) to attain Ford certification. BTW, @av8ingtom, Paul told me how much he enjoyed & appreciated your conversation, knowledge & advice with him at Crystal's welcome home party.

So, from myself & on behalf of Crystal & her family, I wanted to take this final opportunity to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts, for the overwhelming outpouring of support you have all provided to Crystal & her family to make her service in Afghanistan much more bearable. This Slingshot family of ours is absolutely amazing! God bless you all, God bless our troops & God bless the USA...

:love:<3

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @Tripod

I enjoyed meeting and talking to Paul and Crystal. Please let Paul know that I am always available if I can help in any way. I still remember the look on your granddaughters face when she saw her little slingshot. It was a great day for all of us. Please give my best wishes to Crystal and the family.

• You do know my friend that anyone who only knows you from your posts on the forum - could never believe you could have such a beautiful family.
    But those of us who know you for who your really are, know that the apples don't fall far from the tree.

You are one of the exceptional ones!
    Proud to call you a friend and to share some of the special moments with your family!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!