Reminder to write Crystal! Being deployed sucks!

• @Tripod, I'm hijacking your thread. Some of your own medicine, as it were.

I spoke to a few folks about this at SB&B last weekend, but now I want to take it a little more public. Tripod will be in the Hampton Roads area in late October to help his dad with a few things at the house, and to visit Crystal and her family. I don't have any solid dates right now, mostly because Tripod's work schedule and Crystal's post-deployment schedules are both a little fluid. Late October is as close as we have for now.

HOWEVER....I am proposing (and am volunteering to host) a local gathering one of those days for both Tripod and Crystal. Would like to throw together a good group to welcome Crystal home and meet/visit with Larry while he's here. If the weather is nice, we can wrench a little in my front yard, and if it's not, we can just hunker down inside and let the spirits flow. Maybe a ride, but maybe not, since not everyone in the group would be in a Sling. Anyway, throwing this out there for now. If you might be interested, weather and schedule dependent, let me know. Everyone welcome!

@V-SHOT @MACAWS @ethermion @DocG

• Trying to get a date nailed down. Asked my son-in-law to work with Crystal to figure out when works best for them. My Dad & I will go with whatever they decide. Probably a Saturday in November. I''ll post a date as soon as I know. Slight delay on Crystal's return to the USA already...grrrrr!! You all totally rock for doing this!!!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Trying to get a date nailed down. Asked my son-in-law to work with Crystal to figure out when works best for them. My Dad & I will go with whatever they decide. Probably a Saturday in November. I''ll post a date as soon as I know. Slight delay on Crystal's return to the USA already...grrrrr!! You all totally rock for doing this!!!!!

Hey she is our daughter too!
    You can't hog her all to yourself.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hey everyone, we hope to have Crystal back home to the good ol' USA by mid-October. Since it's now September & packages can sometimes take weeks to be delivered, there is probably no need to send anything else to her at this point. You have all humbled both Crystal & myself with your amazing, generous support of letters & care packages. Words cannot adequately express our gratitude. Thank you so much for all that you have done!!! I will keep you all informed of her progress in the days ahead. There will be a turnover to the new crew, a change of command ceremony, a trip to Qatar, a trip to Germany & finally - HOME!!! She will return to duty at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia (where @V-SHOT works! He knows her). She will be getting out of the Navy around March of '17 I believe. She will make LT (O-3, double silver bars) later this year. Her family will be moving to Illinois when she gets out.

Mr L. I've been away for a while but a strange feeling persisted insisting I should log on and now I know why. My better half is still in Stuttgart and my step daughter married a Coastie. They are all in Stuttgart and if they need any help I will PM you Asuncion's cell number. I've spent too much time near her home base but if I can ride with another SS I'd also like to be there!.

Sorry to of been gone so long - did Crystal ever plot on her map where the letters came from?

Home of the free - because of the brave

• Mr L. I've been away for a while but a strange feeling persisted insisting I should log on and now I know why. My better half is still in Stuttgart and my step daughter married a Coastie. They are all in Stuttgart and if they need any help I will PM you Asuncion's cell number. I've spent too much time near her home base but if I can ride with another SS I'd also like to be there!.
    Sorry to of been gone so long - did Crystal ever plot on her map where the letters came from?

CAPE!!!!! Welcome back! Been wondering where the hell you've been! Hope all is well with you & yours! Regarding the map - she liked your idea but they came up with another idea instead & it's brilliant! Your map is now a permanent fixture in the Kandahar Airfield Hospital - all the doctors & nurses pushed in a pin for where they're from. During the upcoming turnover to the next crew, they will be instructed to do likewise & so on, until hopefully at some future date, all of our troops are pulled from Afghanistan. You, fine sir, have created a legacy!!! Thank you!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I have to make amends to my many great friends. Larry, Jim, Ej, Mitch, etc, etc. EJ and I have a great dedication to support our children. Crystal is just another of our children.

Steve,

Good to hear from you.....some of us just been wondering....Hope all in your family are doing well.

• I have to make amends to my many great friends. Larry, Jim, Ej, Mitch, etc, etc. EJ and I have a great dedication to support our children. Crystal is just another of our children.

Hey Buddy welcome back
    I was wondering where you wandered off to. Glad to hear all is well and hope to catch up with you soon. Looks like we are planning on attending the Cycle Springs Toy run in November (I think it is the 12th) Maybe we can get to meet up.

Be safe and stay happy

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ok, gang! Got off the phone with Larry this evening, and he gave me a Crystal-approved date! She and her family, and Larry and his dad, will all be able to be in the same place on Saturday, November 5th - that's your dart on the calendar!!

@sideseatdriver and I will discuss what is in the realm of the possible for plans and details, given weather and space considerations, and we'll put all that out in the next couple weeks. We can handle as big and rowdy as you guys can make it, so bring it on!!

If you want to come join the party in Chesapeake VA on 11/5, let me know. We can host a couple folks overnight on the guest bed and couch if needed, and I'm sure there would be others who could do the same.

Details to follow - save the date!