The Infamous Check Engine Light- Slingshot Down

• mine was not fixed until the ECU was replaced. Went about 3k miles and had that one trip of the code about a month ago. I disconnected the Infrocraptastic system and fingers crossed. At about 300 miles and all is good.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• mine was not fixed until the ECU was replaced. Went about 3k miles and had that one trip of the code about a month ago.

not to be a Debbie-Downer........ but I do not consider another incident, (even if it was after 3000 miles,) to be "fixed". It was the same freakin' issue and code you had before.......... Maybe unplugging the inforcraptasic put bandaid on the problem- but it is not solved, in my thinking. You paid $2K for a system that you believe MAY have caused the problem, and cannot use. I got a new system, and it still happened. There is something else going on- at least with mine, and nobody has a flippin' clue. JMHO, and understand that I am upset at the moment, so this may have no validity in your case. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you machine continues to function. At this point- all I want is a reliable ride.

• dont get me wrong. If it happens again it's parked with code uncleared. Transported to the dealer.
    It is what it is at this point so I'm just trying to figure out possible causes so that maybe our misfortune can help others and even Polaris (hate to say that) in the future.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Spoke with Polaris- only took them 7 1/2 hours to call me back. The dealer is sending a slingshot trailer down the hill, to pick it up tomorrow. For now, I am on 4 wheels, only. cry-squared
    I made it clear to Polaris that I have lost all confidence in the bike, and am expecting Polaris to honor their obligations under the Lemon Law, and replace my Slingshot. angry-squared
    My WONDERFUL dealer said they would swap out my mods to the new bike, if all works out.
    I will keep all up-dated.

• Still sounds like a bare wire somewhere in the harness!
    Shorts out... Causes havoc in any and all circuits it is connected to.

I would still take off the back deck and look close at the wiring that splits in the loom.
    A short tester probably won't work because vibration when riding causes the momentary short doing the damage.
    Polaris is going to have to step up to the plate on this one.... No excuse for friggn 49 days and counting. Totally unacceptable !!!

• Really hoping this works out for you in a very positive way. Thanks for sharing the story because it may help someone else troubleshoot also.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Prospective owner here. I've been doing research on the Slingshot and your situation does not inspire confidence in build quality, or Polaris' willingness to solve customer issues on their product that is still under warranty.

Sorry that you're going through such a tough time w/ your Slingshot. I look forward to learning how Polaris is going to make this right for you; hopefully a lemon law swap at this point.

Still on two wheels, may jump to three in the future. What info/insight would you give to someone who hasn't purchased yet? Besides the obvious, "Buy it now!"

• Prospective owner here. I've been doing research on the Slingshot and your situation does not inspire confidence in build quality, or Polaris' willingness to solve customer issues on their product that is still under warranty.

Please do not let my particular situation taint your thinking- I had about 14,000 WONDERFUL miles on it, with only minor hiccups, until all hell broke loose. New vehicle releases- expect hiccups. I knew there would be some. Knowing that-------- Although it does not make me any happier at this point- I want another one. (biggest issue- I want it NOW- not too patient.)
    There are 100's if not 1000's of slingshots on the road- with as much or more mileage than mine, and few or no issues-- Most issues are easily taken care of under warranty- HOWEVER- every so often, a gremlin shows up! I got a gremlin running rampant right now.
    Please- get more feedback for the forum members- they have seen the good, that bad, and the ugly on these machines- I would venture that not one of them regrets their purchase

• I have to watch this as my Brake Failure light came on this 1st weekend out of hybernation. It would stay off for awhile upon every start.
    However, I did notice driving during a chilly night it stayed off on the 37 mile ride home. The next day as temps rose, it came back on.

• This long and drawn out saga has finally ended for me. She's headed back to Polaris for them to figure out. My Red Baby is not mine anymore. I now have the Wicked White One. Each machine has it's own personality and quirks- I am hoping that Wicked 1 will give me the same joy I had with Red.

so does that mean we now call you "The Wicked Witch of the West"?! :D;)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I have over 600 miles without the infotainment hooked up with nothing negative to report....

Thanks- won't say that I don't miss my old one..... but this one will grow on me- just gonna take some miles.

I almost guaranty that you have rubbed wires somewhere--- as long as whatever wire is integrated from the radio system to something else has no power- you are probably good- unless the rubbing continues and something else goes bare copper.......
    I think it has to be rear end area or by the steering....... Painter thinks rear end, but in retrospect- my steering wheel always had the faintest squeaking to it on some turns.... it could have been a rub that progressively got worse.

• @NatomasSlingshot1 well shit.... mine died this morning... having a tow truck come and pick me up to take to the dealer. Looks like I get to not attend Maggie Valley... nerd-squaredsad-squared

Same freaking code so who knows where the ground is located. I will recommend the wiring under the fin as a possible starting point. It has to be fixed. No way will I take back unless I have an understanding that the ECU will be covered under warranty for more than the next 10 months. Polaris has to step up. Really to pissed to even discuss anymore.
    GA lemon law does not cover motorcycles or mopeds. Assume because of the tag I'm classified as a motorcycle...

(Slingshot Owners Group)