Comparison between PRP Suspension and PRP SS Suspension seats

• I'm not near mine right now but remember having the cushion out and sitting in the seat. I remember it being hard as a rock. I'll take a closer look at it this afternoon and see exactly why they would call it a suspension seat. I will test it to see where the platform might be open in the middle to allow and suspension movement.
    I included a picture of the gen 1 seat bottom side that someone had posted before. You can see that it is truly a suspension seat as it is completely open on the bottom side and only supported by the suspension strings.

Stephen.

• Not to derail this thread @Slingrazor but where did you get those 4 pt harnesses? Do they come in purple? and what brand are them?

RJS Racing is the only company that I know of that makes a 4 pt harness in purple.
    Other companies make purple too, but only in 5 Point.
    Jegs or Summit would e my suggestion to get them from.

• RJS Racing is the only company that I know of that makes a 4 pt harness in purple.Other companies make purple too, but only in 5 Point.
    Jegs or Summit would e my suggestion to get them from.

Believe it or not Wally world has these on sale and I have read up some reviews on how people like the harness but the general consensus I have gotten is that the 4 or 5 point harnesses are not very comfortable for everyday driving and also if I bought a 5 point and didn't add the crotch strap then there could be some "submarining" issues if in an accident. Maybe I will start a new thread so we don't derail the OPs topic. Thanks for the heads up!!

Look here:

BRAUM BRH-PUS5 5 Point 3 inch SFI Racing Harness, Purple - Walmart.com

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

Edited once, last by STYLN ().

• We were able to take the Gen 1 seats for a 350 mile ride today. About 50 miles of it was through various turns both high and low speed and tight.
    Our opinion is the Gen 1 seats far outperform the Gen 2 seats in comfort, support, and ability to hold you firmly when you are throwing the SS through the turns really hard.
    The only thing we think the Gen 2 seats are better at are looks.
    It is my opinion PRP missed the boat with the Gen 2 seat. Not only do the Gen 2 seats cost $300.00 more, but a majority of the those I have spoken to have had to modify the seat cushion to make it acceptable.
    Given the choice we would not purchase the Gen 2 seat again, especially at the increased cost.

• Hello,

Which of the PRP seats give you more legroom (slide further back) for taller people? Gen 1 or Gen 2 (with removeable bottom pad).

Thank you,

Rick

I can only comment on Gen 1 PRP's.

I am 6'1" and always kept my stock seats as far back as possible on a 2017.

Installed the PRP Gen1 and found MUCH more leg room. Had to move the seat forward a few clicks to push the clutch all the way.

You also sit slightly lower as compared to stock.

If you are tall, PRP seats are definitely the way to go.