New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• not really. It will be far better setup for towing. How many full size diesel trucks are ordered or can even be ordered with a manual these days. The new JL has larger axles and more engine options than the exiting JK. The JL had a larger bed but if you need more than just buy a full size truck. Two totally different markets. I will take the slightly smaller bed with about 7500lbs towing and still be able to lower the soft top and add accessories that no truck will be able to match. The new JL Wrangler are going to be hitting a lot more market segments than ever before. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the final product.

I have a 2003 ram diesel with a 6 speed manual with an 8 ft box and my son just bought a 2017 ram diesel with a 6 speed manual but it has the shorter box. The dealers don't like bringing them in as a standard transmission as they are not as saleable to the general public. When my son got his only one person at the dealership could drive a standard and that was a mechanic in the back shop.

• Have to disagree with you @KayTwo on the soccer mom automatics. About 50% of the off-roadies have gone to automatics. My JK out climbed all the manual tranny Jeeps in my club. Very small percentage of people are using manuals off road now.

Concur, but I don't see the primary audience for that vehicle being the off-road crowd. I think it's going to be too wide and long for much of that.

• I have a 2003 ram diesel with a 6 speed manual with an 8 ft box and my son just bought a 2017 ram diesel with a 6 speed manual but it has the shorter box. The dealers don't like bringing them in as a standard transmission as they are not as saleable to the general public. When my son got his only one person at the dealership could drive a standard and that was a mechanic in the back shop.

Same here, my Silverado 2500HD is a crew cab, 8 foot bed, manual transmission. I had to order it that way, but it wasnt hard to do, I didn't have to fight real hard with the dealer. They just don't bring them to the lots that way. I'd do it again, too, only change I would make would be to add 4wd.

• I believe the truck is the same width as a Jeep and the length is close to what the current JKU is. I would love to have one! It would most definitely go anywhere our JKU currently goes.

It is longer both in length, wheel base and a usable bed. Basically it is a Brute if you wanted a direct comparison.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I'll be all over a 2 door truck with 3.0 diesel. Hopefully it'll have close to a 110" wheelbase.
    A 1 ton swap, some armor, winch and 40's and I'll be set with a daily driver/ weekend wheeler.
    I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I'll be all over a 2 door truck with 3.0 diesel. Hopefully it'll have close to a 110" wheelbase.
    A 1 ton swap, some armor, winch and 40's and I'll be set with a daily driver/ weekend wheeler.
    I've been waiting for this for a long time.

picture is a four-door though... Are they also making a two?

• Heading out to SEMA in the AM. There is a very slim chance the new JL Wrangler will be there.

I did place an order yesterday for my day job company. 2018 4dr Sahara Wrangler with dual top. Need to be one of the first delivered so we can start development work.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Heading out to SEMA in the AM. There is a very slim chance the new JL Wrangler will be there.

I did place an order yesterday for my day job company. 2018 4dr Sahara Wrangler with dual top. Need to be one of the first delivered so we can start development work.

Can I have it when you are done?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Will be flying out to LA on the 28th - 30th for the LA Auto Show. Have press passes for the official Jeep reveal of the new JL Wrangler. Got to see what I'll be working with for the foreseeable future....

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Well .....

My wife just gave me my Christmas present so I guess I'll be driving this until they get a year on the DIESEL JL based pick up .....

First day impressions .... nice to have a pick up again..... I kinda like it ..... she did good ..... santa-squared

This ones mine ....

This is a magazine review pic I showed her a while back .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......