New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• rather they find the issue now than later. Good thing for me is that I'll be purchasing two years in so most bugs will be out. Then again it is a Jeep.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

How confident are you that the Feds will block the sale to China ....

thats media hype. No sell to China. I'll put money on it.
    What you will see is the selling of tooling for production of the 200, Jurney, Caravan, and possible one other FCA vehicles that are no longer in production but still meet China's crash standards.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Is that the AEV, or is Jeep finally doing the pickup? Is that one of those stupid little 4.5' beds? I hope there's an 8' option for those who don't want a half a truck....

the real Jeep deal. Fall of 2018 with 3.0L diesel and a H/D 8speed auto

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Well.... This is promising.... My next tow rig for MeanSling getting a workout.

Maybe it's just an optical illusion but that vehicle pulling the u-haul looks tiny. It only covers 1 1/2 spaces while the Jeep in front about covers 2 1/2 spaces. What the heck is that little vehicle???
    Looks like a 2 door Jeep but what kind?

• @Orangeman the worst I would see happening would be Alfa/Maserati separated off (Maseromeo). Look what happened to Ferrari and it's value after it was separated off.
    If any brand were to get sold it may be Chrysler/Dodge for distribution alone.

I could see JRF remaining. Jeep/Ram/Fiat.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Maybe it's just an optical illusion but that vehicle pulling the u-haul looks tiny. It only covers 1 1/2 spaces while the Jeep in front about covers 2 1/2 spaces. What the heck is that little vehicle???Looks like a 2 door Jeep but what kind?

its you.... :thumbup:
    That's just a 2dr JL tow testing and it's across the parking lot. 8o

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Maybe it's just an optical illusion but that vehicle pulling the u-haul looks tiny. It only covers 1 1/2 spaces while the Jeep in front about covers 2 1/2 spaces. What the heck is that little vehicle???Looks like a 2 door Jeep but what kind?

See it also looks like that little trailer is absolutely freighting the vehicle down in the rear.

• What in hell are you guys talking about?

over the last month or so speculation of a Chinese company buying FCA or parts of it. Jeep being at the center because of the Cash cow it is. The largest share holder of FCA (Exor) and Sergio may be working to see this happen. There was a company called Great Wall that said they were in talks with FCA but this has been rebutted. They could not get the backing from the Chinese government for various reasons and was more likely a way to see if they could drum up investors. FCA confirmed this was not happening.
    It's a huge amount of speculative reporting that may have some aspect of truth but in my opinion not to the degree being stated.
    Time will tell.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Well, the diesel is ok, but only half a bed, and an automatic transmission...unless they're targeting the vehicle to the soccer mom audience?

not really. It will be far better setup for towing. How many full size diesel trucks are ordered or can even be ordered with a manual these days. The new JL has larger axles and more engine options than the exiting JK. The JL had a larger bed but if you need more than just buy a full size truck. Two totally different markets. I will take the slightly smaller bed with about 7500lbs towing and still be able to lower the soft top and add accessories that no truck will be able to match. The new JL Wrangler are going to be hitting a lot more market segments than ever before. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the final product.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• not really. It will be far better setup for towing. How many full size diesel trucks are ordered or can even be ordered with a manual these days. The new JL has larger axles and more engine options than the exiting JK. The JL had a larger bed but if you need more than just buy a full size truck. Two totally different markets. I will take the slightly smaller bed with about 7500lbs towing and still be able to lower the soft top and add accessories that no truck will be able to match. The new JL Wrangler are going to be hitting a lot more market segments than ever before. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the final product.

@Ruptured Duck do you know if it will be towable behind our DP like we do our JK now?

• @Spudinator I would assume in the standard trim it will be able to be towed just like the current JK. The basic 4x4 system is not changing really. Some new features and drivetrain options on some models "MAY" limit this ability. We will know more in the next few months. May see the next Wrangler as soon as October 30th.

I already know what it looks like but cannot share the info. Evaluation would be the key word.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Well, the diesel is ok, but only half a bed, and an automatic transmission...unless they're targeting the vehicle to the soccer mom audience?

Have to disagree with you @KayTwo on the soccer mom automatics. About 50% of the off-roadies have gone to automatics. My JK out climbed all the manual tranny Jeeps in my club. Very small percentage of people are using manuals off road now.
    That being said, I got a check engine light on mine a few days ago and found out it is for the electric torque converter. Tried all my options and it now looks like I have to get an $1800 transmission to put in. Shouldn't happen with 58k miles. Engine melted down at 46.7k miles. Not a happy camper right now.