New tire install

• Went to NTB as they were my local Sumitomo dealer. Cheapest large tire I could find to fit my Base wheels (295/30R18 HTR Z III) which listed at $187 but totaled $266 installed with Road Hazard coverage. Once my Front Kendas are worn out, I'll probably be getting Sumitomo HTR Z III in 225/45R17 listed at $167 each so they'll probably be $5000 installed! :rolleyes:

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I've got a neighbor with a tire machine and a balancer but the low profiles made me think twice about using it. Found a local tire/rim shop that catered to performance tires and rims. Bought the tires from them and let them do it. It wasn't that much more then buying online or elsewhere. They also seem to have a better understanding on balancing whereas they had much less weights than before and they were now placed on both the inside and outside of the rims.

• ok I can be cheap ... the best deal I have found is , get ready for this, Walmart. I had my rear tire dismounted and the new one mounted and balanced for $17.
    I buy my tires on line and Walmart has always done a good job with no extra fees for not buying through them.

Have had them mount and balance 37" X 20" mud terrains as well as my wife's 315/35/20s on her X6... that's a big range of mounting capability... no complaints to date

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: