Where are we all on this device

• We all have one stuck on the back side of the engine. It looks like a sore thumb. And it's not used at all. I can say that I unplugged the cable going to it and ran it for a few days. It never set a check engine light.

I know what it does. I know it's part of the fresh air egr system. But it's pretty obvious with the cap on it that it's not needed. Is there are a reason I see it on every Slingshot and no one has removed it? Or is it just that no one has confirmed the removal of this causes no issues?

Anyone been without this device and just plugged the intake port after removal?

• It is actually the EVAP purge solenoid for the gas tank. Most of the Slingshots do not have anything coming from the gas tank connected to it, however there are some that do have the vent line from the tank going to it. Under certain conditions the valve opens and allows gas fumes from the tank to enter the engine to help with evaporative emmissions from the fuel tank. On a usual E67 or E37 ECM a check engine light eventually comes on if it is not plugged in, but I am not sure of that on the MEFI controllers. If you do not have a hose plugged into the other end then you could remove it and plug the intake manifold hole without a problem (just the possible check engine light, which could be worked around also).

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• I see. So this will now become part of the ever growing pile of parts I have removed from the SS.

Thanks for the reply. I ran with it unplugged for a week at least and never had a check engine light. Then I started having those thoughts run through my head that maybe it was running different. I know it's a mind game. But I can't help myself.

• I see. So this will now become part of the ever growing pile of parts I have removed from the SS.

Thanks for the reply. I ran with it unplugged for a week at least and never had a check engine light. Then I started having those thoughts run through my head that maybe it was running different. I know it's a mind game. But I can't help myself.

Unplugged mine yesterday afternoon and now I have a trouble code. ( O 660 15 ) with a 5 under it. Plugged back in and after about 6 restarts has not reset yet. So what is the trouble code for, anyone?

• I really don't think Bob plays with the check engine codes. There is no reason to go there for what he needs to do.

I would just leave it plugged and forget it. Its useless but its not like its presence causes a problem.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...