Rotors question

• OK, does anyone have a Stock Rotor laying around? Wondering if there are ANY #'s or anything to use for cross reference. I am working with "Powerstop" an aftermarket company to figure it out.

• 80s RX7 possible cross over but may need slight center bore work. Can't confirm first hand. Was going to order a set of drilled rotors to test but I'm cheap and thought I would try my hand at moding the OEs first.
    One side installed tonight... one to go.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• 80s RX7 possible cross over but may need slight center bore work. Can't confirm first hand. Was going to order a set of drilled rotors to test but I'm cheap and thought I would try my hand at moding the OEs first.
    One side installed tonight... one to go.

So thats an RX7 rotor?? Any 80 year in particular??

• So thats an RX7 rotor?? Any 80 year in particular??

no they are stock SS rotors that I modified. I have heard that RX7 rotors may work but that the center bore may need to be modified. I do not have any first hand knowledge to confirm.

Here are images of the OE rotors I took tonight. They are from a 2016.5 model

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• So thats an RX7 rotor?? Any 80 year in particular??

I believe someone was trying a FD rear rotor - 93-95 RX-7 and the dimensions are similar, but I believe the overall diameter is off a little bit and the center bore is different. We looked for weeks trying to find if they are from another application, had our brake pad supplier look and a company that makes our rotors and no one could find an exact match. There are some Acura models that were close also, but from what we can tell Polaris is having the rotors made specific for the Slingshot. Good luck with the search though, if you need any dimensions off of the stock rotors, we have a bunch of them here.

• I believe someone was trying a FD rear rotor - 93-95 RX-7 and the dimensions are similar, but I believe the overall diameter is off a little bit and the center bore is different. We looked for weeks trying to find if they are from another application, had our brake pad supplier look and a company that makes our rotors and no one could find an exact match. There are some Acura models that were close also, but from what we can tell Polaris is having the rotors made specific for the Slingshot. Good luck with the search though, if you need any dimensions off of the stock rotors, we have a bunch of them here.

Dave, I do thank u for taking the time to post to this. I really would like a Drilled and Slotted rotor, just the prices I am seeing from our vendors are up there.. Was really hoping they was an alternative out there.. THANK YOU again!

• I believe someone was trying a FD rear rotor - 93-95 RX-7 and the dimensions are similar, but I believe the overall diameter is off a little bit and the center bore is different. We looked for weeks trying to find if they are from another application, had our brake pad supplier look and a company that makes our rotors and no one could find an exact match. There are some Acura models that were close also, but from what we can tell Polaris is having the rotors made specific for the Slingshot. Good luck with the search though, if you need any dimensions off of the stock rotors, we have a bunch of them here.

This was the same information I was given by Stop Tech, they thought it was going to be an easy cross reference to one of their existing products but no ... they ended up milling a Slingshot specific hat for a two piece sportsman rotor .....

Their words where ... not that a direct fit cross reference doesn't exist, just that they couldn't find one ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

This was the same information I was given by Stop Tech, they thought it was going to be an easy cross reference to one of their existing products but no ... they ended up milling a Slingshot specific hat for a two piece sportsman rotor .....

Their words where ... not that a direct fit cross reference doesn't exist, just that they couldn't find one ....

Thats what I'm hearing from Powerstop.. If they had a stock ss one in hand they said maybe..

• Necro time.

The slingshot has been out for a while and we know that stoptech and maybe others make rotors that replace the stock ones.

Does does anyone know the stoptech part number for the drilled rotors, I know some of our vendors carry them but paying 200 for a ~75 rotor just doesn't sit well with me, I understand that everyone needs to make a buck but over 100% markup seems a little over the top.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Necro time.

The slingshot has been out for a while and we know that stoptech and maybe others make rotors that replace the stock ones.

Does does anyone know the stoptech part number for the drilled rotors, I know some of our vendors carry them but paying 200 for a ~75 rotor just doesn't sit well with me, I understand that everyone needs to make a buck but over 100% markup seems a little over the top.

Unfortunately Stop Tech does not sell the kit for the Slingshot other than through their vendors. You can get replacement rotors for the kit but that does you no good without the custom hat which is where the cost lies.

I will agree they are overpriced since they are the "Sportsman" standard pillar construction and edge balanced not the higher performance "Aero" rotors as alluded to by a certain vendors advertising and word of mouth. They are also only available in gold zinc coating not a choice of silver or gold as advertised. If you go with them they are directional so make sure you receive two lefts and a single right ..... the vendor shipped me three right side slotted rotors and I had to explain the mistake to them so it was pretty evident they had not been checking and the person shipping had no idea.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I may be able to get OE style replacements made but will need to see the overall cost.

Drilled , slotted or stock. That's the question.

I drilled my OEs out 5000 miles ago and have enjoyed the look with no issues to note.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I may be able to get OE style replacements made but will need to see the overall cost.

I drilled my OEs out 5000 miles ago and have enjoyed the look with no issues to note.

I would definitely be interested in a set of oem drilled rotors.

I believe that drilled will be the most popular, it says "I changed to better rotors" ;)