Getting passenger seat to slide?

• Anyone has a setup they can share to get the passenger seat to slide?

Not for me, but a friend of mine wants to be able to slide the seat forward but without replacing the seats.

My idea would be to use Planted brackets, get used sliders from a driver seat and bolt it all together, but wondering if anyone has a simpler solution?

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• But there are some AWESOME brackets that will move the seat forward enough to be able to recline the seat my wife loves them and the poster above designed and manufactured them!!!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• Ok, the depth of the footwell is not this issue, the issue is that he like to take his daughter for rides, and she often falls asleep, and with the seats upright like they are, she can't get confy.

if we could move the seat in a bit, to at least get the seat to recline a bit, it would be amazing.

@Red you make this kind of bracket ?

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Got my seat relocater brackets from Red very nice. Easy to install took about 45 minutes. Got my son in the seat had it sat the way he was used to. Then leaned it back nothing but smiles. Red sends you the directions via email. Nice product very happy. Worth the money I have long legs I sat in the passenger seat after relocating the seat wasn't really any difference besides the fact I wasn't sitting strait up anymore.

• Pretty easy to install too. You will need some specific tools, especially extentions to actually get to the seat bolts, and the instructions dont mention it but you need to cut some of the plastic from the floor to get everything fitting A1, but average install time should not be more than 1 hour including beer drinking.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Pretty easy to install too. You will need some specific tools, especially extentions to actually get to the seat bolts, and the instructions dont mention it but you need to cut some of the plastic from the floor to get everything fitting A1, but average install time should not be more than 1 hour including beer drinking.

Just put a spacer under the front brackets and you will not have to cut the plastic. Should be included for that amount of money. If you have the tools you could make in about 15 minutes yourself.

• I just used a new exacto blade, the plastic is pretty soft and its easy to cut it. No biggie, just took 5 minutes to do, and I would rather have it installed direct to the frame than use spacers.

Still 100x less expensive than Planted brakets and 100000x more simple to install just to get that 15 degree more angle on the seat.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• I just used a new exacto blade, the plastic is pretty soft and its easy to cut it. No biggie, just took 5 minutes to do, and I would rather have it installed direct to the frame than use spacers.

Still 100x less expensive than Planted brakets and 100000x more simple to install just to get that 15 degree more angle on the seat.

When I cut the flat pieces of metal, I just cut two extra pieces. No difference in how strong it is, the bolts are the weak point.

• You can use spacers, cut the plastic or smash it with the bracket. I've done all three installing.

Will these work for a 2018 SL and if they do how in the world do I remove the bolt on the rear right side of the passenger seat, the bolt that goes in horizontal to the seat and that it's blocked by the hard plastic from the floor.

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• Will these work for a 2018 SL and if they do how in the world do I remove the bolt on the rear right side of the passenger seat, the bolt that goes in horizontal to the seat and that it's blocked by the hard plastic from the floor.

That bolt is the hardest part of removing the seat. I normally use an open end 5/8 wrench or a 5/8 socket 1/4 drive with a 3/8 adapter and ratchet. A little hot water on the plastic makes it more pliable.

• That bolt is the hardest part of removing the seat. I normally use an open end 5/8 wrench or a 5/8 socket 1/4 drive with a 3/8 adapter and ratchet. A little hot water on the plastic makes it more pliable.

Awesome Idea on heating the plastic. Thank you

• That bolt is the hardest part of removing the seat. I normally use an open end 5/8 wrench or a 5/8 socket 1/4 drive with a 3/8 adapter and ratchet. A little hot water on the plastic makes it more pliable.

So where do the new brackets install at. Any pics