New member meet and greet

• Has anyone on here had issues with the seats coming apart? I just bought this at the end of Sept. Still has not hit 500 miles and the passenger seat has 4 screws coming out of the back of it. I am frustrated with buying it brand new and already coming apart. Does anyone know how to fix them?

• Has anyone on here had issues with the seats coming apart? I just bought this at the end of Sept. Still has not hit 500 miles and the passenger seat has 4 screws coming out of the back of it. I am frustrated with buying it brand new and already coming apart. Does anyone know how to fix them?

Sounds like a trip to the dealer.......

• I am thinking the same thing but am not happy with them because there were 2 coming out when I drove it off the showroom floor. So I am thinking that they aren't as competent as need be. But what choice do I have right? My other fear is that they will try and charge me for something that is most likely their or manufacturer fault.

• I am thinking the same thing but am not happy with them because there were 2 coming out when I drove it off the showroom floor. So I am thinking that they aren't as competent as need be. But what choice do I have right? My other fear is that they will try and charge me for something that is most likely their or manufacturer fault.

Definitely should be a warrantee fix. Don't know who you dealer is but I do know that most of the guys have been real happy with one of the dealers out in your area.

@V-SHOT thoughts.

• the dealer that I got the shot from was at coleman powersports in woodbridge va. Everytime I call them on the phone with questions its been a struggle for answers and the majority of the replies I get from them all say that they CANT do the type of work that I am looking for. They tell me to take it to other places to get looked at or worked on. I have been told that the same owner has another store in Tysons Corner and that I should go to them. I am debating whether to attempt to do it on my own.

• the dealer that I got the shot from was at coleman powersports in woodbridge va. Everytime I call them on the phone with questions its been a struggle for answers and the majority of the replies I get from them all say that they CANT do the type of work that I am looking for. They tell me to take it to other places to get looked at or worked on. I have been told that the same owner has another store in Tysons Corner and that I should go to them. I am debating whether to attempt to do it on my own.

As I'm sure you've seen, a lot of folks on here do a lot of their own work, for a variety of reasons. If it's just the screws, can you fill the holes in the seat with an epoxy, let it harden, and then just drive the screws in?

Or, alternatively, get new (better) seats...

• thanks KayTwo, I will have to look into it. at this point I am not sure how the seats even go together. most of the pics that I have found show that the nut is embedded on the inside and apparently those are pulled through the back of the seat that is pinching the seat to the frame.

What color seats do you have
    I have a set of stock base seats Black with grey trim just collecting dust
    You are welcome to them if you want.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• As I'm sure you've seen, a lot of folks on here do a lot of their own work, for a variety of reasons. If it's just the screws, can you fill the holes in the seat with an epoxy, let it harden, and then just drive the screws in?
    Or, alternatively, get new (better) seats...

Do not drive the screws back in? You screw them back in.

• its the 2017 base model. I have tried to put the screws back in and they wont seat. when I tried to tighten the ones that were loose it made it worse and pulled one out. now they just hang there. its not a very good feeling as its new and still doesn't have 500 miles on it and already in this condition lol.

• I have nearly 26,000 miles on my 2016.5 SL seats. No issues other than a couple places that the black color has went light gray from spots. I can't verify that it didn't get something on it, before I had it or after I got it. I only know it showed up a few days after I got it, and it had been in the sun some that day.

They are coming out soon, yours if you want them. But I'd cry warranty on yours for certain. I ordered PRP seats, just have been waiting on the weather to break to work on it.

• going to have to do something, I think I will try the warranty thing first lol, that is the cheapest way out of course. the passenger seat at the bottom of the back piece is completely loose. I messaged them and asked them about it. I will keep you posted with their response.

• I sent off a message to the dealer yesterday and they have yet to respond. I am at about 475 miles so I am almost at the 500 mile service. I asked them if they would have the replacements there and ready to install when I brought it down for service. So depending on the response I get from them will determine how discussions go after that lol. From previous experiences with this service department I am expecting to be calling their Managers in the head office with several complaints lol, we will see I guess.

So how about this weather huh? I am loving it, I took it out yesterday riding around and showing it off. specially when lit up this thing gets everyones attention. its awesome. Which leads me to another question. . . . . Has anyone had any issues with LED's being lit up while driving? I was told by the guy that did the install that "blue" was the issue for driving with the "wheels" lit up due to motion and people think that you are law enforcement. Not that the headrests are lit up blue, just the wheels.