New member meet and greet

• That's funny, my youngest doesn't want to get out either. she knows when we are getting close to home and says "don't go home, lets ride more!". I have the stock tires, and am wanting to switch to the larger tires. Wondering if it is worth it though. Right now it has the 17s in the front and 18 in the rear. I am wanting to take it up to 20 in the front, but not sure what would the rear have to go to? the chart that I found stated that it would have to be a 22. But I don't want to put 3K into tires just yet.

• That's funny, my youngest doesn't want to get out either. she knows when we are getting close to home and says "don't go home, lets ride more!". I have the stock tires, and am wanting to switch to the larger tires. Wondering if it is worth it though. Right now it has the 17s in the front and 18 in the rear. I am wanting to take it up to 20 in the front, but not sure what would the rear have to go to? the chart that I found stated that it would have to be a 22. But I don't want to put 3K into tires just yet.

Put lots of miles in the 'seat' and enjoy the ride. Easy to add lots of changes as you go down the road. So many things that we can change, but some times when we change one thing it won't let us make other changes....take your time.

• Well so far. . . . . . and I have to caveat that quite heavily. . . . . . . so far, I don't peel out if I can help it, I don't go over the speed limit, this thing gets enough attention on its own. The only thing that I have done is show off the LED's once in awhile. Other than that I follow everything else by the book. I absolutely wont ride without a helmet. I have been in far too many crashes on 2 wheels that has taught me very valuable lessons, and last but not least, 9 times out of 10, I usually have one of my kids in the bike with me. Plus I am coming up on 50, I ran out of ya-yas a long time ago lol. I just enjoy riding.

We need to help you find your ya-yas again... just sayin'.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

In the Exterior section of my build list... there’s specs for my tires/rims that I think you’re looking for ~> find your balls again and get a set!! :P

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I have searched for hours now on LED lights for Virginia and cant find anything. the only law that I have found so far is the one I quoted earlier showing NEON. which I get why it is illegal considering it a gas and third order implications, but nothing in the books about LED's. if anyone can uncover something that would be awesome. I am just wanting to make sure that when and not IF I get pulled over, that I have some kind of argument for the officer and wont get a ticket. However, I don't mind getting pulled over, it gives me a chance to show off the slingshot a little bit more lol. maybe even convince the officer to go buy one lol.

Virginia
    Flashing red, white and blue lights are prohibited but the law make emphasis on “flashing” only. Under the writing code does not prohibit the use of these color on non-flashing mode. http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title46.2/chapter10/

• NICE, then I should be safe in running them. awesome. I will have to get that in writing and print it out and take with me. so IF I do get pulled over I can just pull that out and let them read it. I hope it works. Thanks for looking out Ross.

• NICE, then I should be safe in running them. awesome. I will have to get that in writing and print it out and take with me. so IF I do get pulled over I can just pull that out and let them read it. I hope it works. Thanks for looking out Ross.

the best advice is to find a local LEO when you are out and about in your ride and start a conversation ..... they are good people to get to know and while you are talking about the Slingshot ask them about the LEDs. They'll let you know what they will let you get away with and may even want a quick ride after their shift

• Hello there from Greer, SC.

My name is Eric and I’ve been a Gold-Wing owner and have ridden motorcycles all my life. I’ve recently sold my Gold Wing and I’m now looking to jump into the Sling Shot world. I need all the advice I can get. I would like to know the do’s and dont’s, the good and the bad, and what to watch out for when purchasing a used SS if I go that route. My wife (Swee) and I are thrilled at this next purchase and are hoping they will last just as long as our bikes.

Again thank you and looking forward to talking and riding with you all soon.

Eric

• Welcome @Heavenboundx4. First thing to remember is to have a thick skin and don't let some of these people give you the wrong impression of SS owners ( @Bill Martin & @Tripod :S ).
    I bought my first SS in Dec 14. Traded for a 17 after 20k miles and a few issues (not really the fault of Polaris). My wife ( @HeRSling) got hers after Maggie Valley last year. Bought her 15 used w 2800 miles and loooooots of mods. She then had it repainted by @Painter. Now has a beautiful Arkansas Razorback on the hood.
    I would advise anyone who thinks they might be "making it their own" to buy a base or used. That way you don't end up replacing and throwing away as many parts as some of us have ;( . I think with the super charger, shocks, and many other mods I have put about another $10G in mine. But it has been worth every penny for the fun they have provided both of us!

• Eric came to the riding world late in life---49 when I started out on a 1984 Silver Wing and than Gold Wings for 22 yrs and 250,000 miles....wife thought I was getting 'old & feeble' saw a ad for the Slingshot in Nov 2014, sat in one Christmas Eve 2014 and bought one Feb 2015 (never, rode or drove, just bought) 3 years and 60,000+ miles and loving it more every mile. Just lots of great folks here and lots of them in SC.

• Welcome @Heavenboundx4. First thing to remember is to have a thick skin and don't let some of these people give you the wrong impression of SS owners ( @Bill Martin & @Tripod :S ).
    I bought my first SS in Dec 14. Traded for a 17 after 20k miles and a few issues (not really the fault of Polaris). My wife ( @HeRSling) got hers after Maggie Valley last year. Bought her 15 used w 2800 miles and loooooots of mods. She then had it repainted by @Painter. Now has a beautiful Arkansas Razorback on the hood.
    I would advise anyone who thinks they might be "making it their own" to buy a base or used. That way you don't end up replacing and throwing away as many parts as some of us have ;( . I think with the super charger, shocks, and many other mods I have put about another $10G in mine. But it has been worth every penny for the fun they have provided both of us!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it