• Went out for a ride for date night last night, and ran into a little pet peeve again that's been bothering me off and on, so I checked the forum and there's been no discussion about it yet as far as I can see, so here we go...

I am not getting anywhere near the advertised mileage on my Sling. No significant mods, low miles, use the right gas....and even when I'm not driving like an asshole (hey, it happens!), the best I can do is the low 28s.

Anyone getting better than that with a stock Sling, and what are you doing to achieve that? I was thinking last night the machine might just need some more break-in (only 1700 miles), AND I need to check tire pressure, AND I think I'm going to add some Lucas to the gas to make sure the system is clean, but...anything else I might be missing?

• Not exactly a problem, per se....agree that 28 mpg is better than the 13 I get in my Chevy. It's just that they advertise low 30s, so I was wondering if I should be doing something different or better.

• I do not care about MPG, Enjoy the toy and stop with the little things that you can not change.
    If you want good mileage keep it in garage after next fillup..LOL

Hahaha, agree. Just wanted to see if I was dping something I shouldn't (besides my driving style).

Which reminds me...I alternate between driving it like my truck (2200-2500 rpm, low shifts), and a motorcycle (3500-4000 rpm, high rev shifts). I'm sure that makes a difference...does anyone else treat it like a car engine, or does everyone else wind the piss out of it?

• No reason to believe the ecu. If it is a worry, do the math when you fill up. Bet the numbers differ. Up or down, dunno. We might be getting 30s, just not on the dash. I do know my fuel gauge is very pessimistic on low tanks.

• No reason to believe the ecu. If it is a worry, do the math when you fill up. Bet the numbers differ. Up or down, dunno. We might be getting 30s, just not on the dash. I do know my fuel gauge is very pessimistic on low tanks.

I noticed that too! I tend to run it to the light, and I know I get at least 20 miles after getting the low fuel light.

• Hahaha, agree. Just wanted to see if I was dping something I shouldn't (besides my driving style).

Which reminds me...I alternate between driving it like my truck (2200-2500 rpm, low shifts), and a motorcycle (3500-4000 rpm, high rev shifts). I'm sure that makes a difference...does anyone else treat it like a car engine, or does everyone else wind the piss out of it?

Long rides, and I ride long rides, like a truck. Local rides, or riding with maniac friends, wind the piss out of it. Maniacal rides make me happy.

Pump 89, save some coin. My beast hates 87, but can't tell the difference between 89 and 93, other than price.

• I run 91 pump and have consistently gotten 34 mpg since day one at altitudes between 5,280 and 13,000 feet. No change when I added exhaust and CAI

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I always run premium and get an average of 25. I do drive aggressively (high rev shifts) for the most part, but even on long rides with cruise set at 9 over the speed limit I get 25.

@KayTwo If you want to see the 30's, which many on the dark side claimed they do, you have to use premium accelerate slowly and cruise at or just below the speed limit. That is how some said they maintain low-mid 30's. Good luck with that, I'm content at 25ish mpg. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Where I'm at in Michigan the average freeway speed limit is 70mph. Some of those getting into the 30's could live in areas with a majority 55mph speed limit. Just a thought.