• It's the body kit that Cycle Springs sells...I just have the fenders. I like the look as they close up the opening somewhat under the stock front fender and some of the cage by the cockpit. They do smooth out the airflow a bit and reduce the frontal turbulence that causes the stock fenders to flap.

Evolution SS Stage 1 Body Kit for Polaris Slingshot - Slingshot Only

• I thought this thing had a static reading on the mileage. No matter how long I let it sit, I can see the instant change in mileage due to how I am driving it that day.
    Figured it was giving an instant reading on mileage and not an average.

It's an average, when you reset it erases the info and starts over.

• I was going to have the dealer update the ECU but after reading some of these posts, I think I better not. I have never gotten worse than 28 mpg and that was during break-in. My wife says I drive like a cop (I was one) and live in the mountains, how am I getting better MPG than most? I have calculated it manually too.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• The ECU has basic baseline limits when it's flashed or reset. It doesn't take long for it to fill in the learned map data. It's definitely not going to learn anything that will be permanent. It's a constant updating process.

Your going to get the same mileage before and after you unplug it. You have to. The ECU has to keep the tuning within a certain range.

This has one exception (if someone bought a slingshot that was driven hard all the time and the new owner just drives slow and conservative). But even this learned pattern will eventually change as the ECU adapts to the new driver.

If you send the ECU out to have it reflashed by Bob or if Polaris flashes it you most likely will see a change in mileage. Because they have changed the baselines in the tables. They may call for more of less fuel or timing at certain RPM ranges. But you have to realize they have a pretty tight range to stay within so it's not going to be a radical difference. Nothing that would amount to more than a few MPG.

I hate to pull my battery because it looses (or seems to) the learned adjustments that it gets when your driving. It takes a few sessions for it to act like I'm used to it acting.

But it always goes back to the same old SS I love to drive.

• My worst tankful was 27.1 mpg and my best tankful was 31.5 mpg in the 3 months (4K miles) that I've had my Sling. Most are in the 28 to 29 range. Mostly city driving and I'm pretty aggressive with the take offs.