Bad Boy Mower

• I have a Bad Boy Outlaw commercial mower. It just turned 5 years old. Best mower I've ever had. Approx 5 minutes into mowing today, it suddenly shut down. It would not attempt to crank back up. My mind automatically went to either an electrical issue or a safety limit issue. While troubleshooting the electric, I pulled the 25 amp main fuse where I found something that made me pretty angry. There was a small wire wrapped around the fuse connecting both prongs that rendered the fuse useless. I am the only owner and it has always gone to the dealership for servicing that I purchased it from. So either the factory or the dealership rigged the fuse.

Let's play what would you do if you were me???

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• HI have a Bad Boy Outlaw commercial mower. It just turned 5 years old. Best mower I've ever had. Approx 5 minutes into mowing today, it suddenly shut down. It would not attempt to crank back up. My mind automatically went to either an electrical issue or a safety limit issue. While troubleshooting the electric, I pulled the 25 amp main fuse where I found something that made me pretty angry. There was a small wire wrapped around the fuse connecting both prongs that rendered the fuse useless. I am the only owner and it has always gone to the dealership for servicing that I purchased it from. So either the factory or the dealership rigged the fuse.

Let's play what would you do if you were me???

Hug your lawyer and have him file a Deceptive Trade Practices lawsuit :00000156:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I cut a bunch of my trees down also. Trees mess up my pretty sod grass. And they put leaves in the yard.

My electric bill is high. But I keep it 65 or 66 in my house. It's like a deep freeze. Ask @airoutlaw and @Guardian_Angel how cold I keep it. They came over to see me last Sunday and I think it took their breath when the opened the door. :)

My power bill is about 450.00. Another big hit on mine is a 120 gallon electric water heater. I have a shower that flows 22gpm and it takes a large water heater to flow that much. I have 2 water meters also. One of them is a 1" meter and the other is a 2" meter. I have 65psi of pressure on them here at the house.

I run the 1" to the cold water supply and I run the 2" to my sprinklers and to my input on my water heater. Works well.

• Probably could turn the water temp down a little. But wife would shoot me. I keep it so hot that if you put a live chicken in the tub of pure hot water it would de-feather and par cook the bird in less than 5 minutes. I even had to change both elements to 5500 watt elements so it would recover faster. (Yea that means we empty the 120 gallon heater occasionally) :(

I wish I had Natural Gas. They don't have it out in the sticks where I live.

My bill would be worse but the home automation keeps the lights off when there is no one in a room and some of the blinds shut when the sun is beating down on the windows.

• we are used to warmer temps (minus the humidity) because of work environment, and outdoorsy types... however at 102°f, we we're quite happy to "dry out" in your "deep freeze" house.. our thermostat is set on 75 daily. Thats comfortable to us. And we turn the air up to 85 when we leave for work, just because there is no reason to keep the furniture cool when noone will be home for almost 14 hours. I am much worse than steve, as this is my opinion on the weather and dressing appropriately in alabama... in the winter time, i wear jacket and several layers outside cause its frigidly cold, in the summer time, i wear long sleeves til june cause its still cold to me outside, while others wear shorts and such. And i keep a jacket in the car because the cold weather experienced in the the outdoors in winter, suddenly moves indoors... so i dress warm in winter because its cold outside, and i dress warm in the summer, cause its cold inside. Cold windy air, even cool windy air, feels like needle pricks to my skin all over. It was nothing for me to turn the seat heat on high, riding the goldwing in 78 degree weather. Sitting still, I was comfortable, but 78 degrees and cool shaded wind blowing on me, I needed the seat heat. Its not normal...lol, i even asked a doc to check my thyroid out...
    Now... your house was cooler than ours, but youve got a long ways to go before being as cold as my mothers... she has tiled flooring throughout the house, which absorbs cold well, and sucks the heat out from your feet and legs... we always dress in more clothing when visiting her, as she has breathing problems and keeps it religiously on 60 degrees. Cold air is easier on asthmatics, and lung patients, btw.
    She always hands us a blanket when we visit.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• our thermostat is set on 75 daily.

Heck- I would have a jacket on,maybe gloves, and be shivering at that temp-- Summer in AL- I always wore long sleeves, early in the morning and the moment the sun started to set- bugs would eat me alive! Winters in AL were freezing. Baldwin County Electrical Coop always got plenty of money from me- summer or winter. Most of the time, I ran the ceiling fans in the day, and the big attic fans at night to cool the place off. In the winter, I had a big wood burning I kept stoked 24/7. (Oh yeah- and dripped my faucets to keep the pipes from freezing. Always lost them during power outages!)

• Most of the time, I ran the ceiling fans in the day, and the big attic fans at night to cool the place off. In the winter, I had a big wood burning I kept stoked 24/7. (Oh yeah- and dripped my faucets to keep the pipes from freezing. Always lost them during power outages!)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Picture perfect southern style... spoken like a true G.R.I.T.S!
    You can take the girl outta the south, but youll never take the south out of the girl! :thumbsup:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• So my question is ... Did the mower ever start back up ? A fuse with a jumper across it is no doubt not good practice but removing the jumper alone couldn't have fixed the problem. As a matter of fact the jumped fuse may well have overheated some wiring down the line and in turn melted some insulation causing a short. I feel your pain I'm cutting a little over 5 acres weekly as well. Hope you got it fixed.

• we are used to warmer temps (minus the humidity) because of work environment, and outdoorsy types... however at 102°f, we we're quite happy to "dry out" in your "deep freeze" house.. our thermostat is set on 75 daily. Thats comfortable to us. And we turn the air up to 85 when we leave for work, just because there is no reason to keep the furniture cool when noone will be home for almost 14 hours. I am much worse than steve, as this is my opinion on the weather and dressing appropriately in alabama... in the winter time, i wear jacket and several layers outside cause its frigidly cold, in the summer time, i wear long sleeves til june cause its still cold to me outside, while others wear shorts and such. And i keep a jacket in the car because the cold weather experienced in the the outdoors in winter, suddenly moves indoors... so i dress warm in winter because its cold outside, and i dress warm in the summer, cause its cold inside. Cold windy air, even cool windy air, feels like needle pricks to my skin all over. It was nothing for me to turn the seat heat on high, riding the goldwing in 78 degree weather. Sitting still, I was comfortable, but 78 degrees and cool shaded wind blowing on me, I needed the seat heat. Its not normal...lol, i even asked a doc to check my thyroid out...Now... your house was cooler than ours, but youve got a long ways to go before being as cold as my mothers... she has tiled flooring throughout the house, which absorbs cold well, and sucks the heat out from your feet and legs... we always dress in more clothing when visiting her, as she has breathing problems and keeps it religiously on 60 degrees. Cold air is easier on asthmatics, and lung patients, btw.
    She always hands us a blanket when we visit.

WOW. 60 degrees would be awesome to me....