Weird questions people ask about your slingshot.

• In the grocery store parking lot today walking into the store and two very good looking young guys were coming out. "Yep, that's a Slingshot, but they don't go very fast". I couldn't help myself - 'Really?' 'Is that yours?' said with huge eyes - Yes, I got the little ole lady reaction. They were really nice - one a military recruiter. Love some of these conversations.

• I stopped at the supermarket and a mom and her two boys were staring at the SS taking pics. I told them they could hop in for pics. The older boy, about ten, started asking me questions.

1. How fast does it go?
    2. Is it electric? (They own a Nissan Leaf)
    3. Do you need a special license?

And for the grand finale

4. What do you do for a living?

• Must be something in the water around here because I get asked is...........What is it ?............And for a while my wife was a little concerned because the only people that seemed to ask questions were well...........As I like to say their DNA chain has a few kinks in it

:SILVERSS::POKESS::00000022::evil::00000021:
    Wears earplugs keeps out all those pesky noises

• Had a new one last week...........Wife and I were out for supper and I had backed the Sling into the curb when I parked............We were getting ready to leave when some guy walks by behind us and says............Shouldn't the single tire be on the front...........Harley rider maybe ?????? Jealous maybe ?????????? Smartass ???
    Felt like turning around and say and isn't your brain supposed to be in your head ??

• Had a new one last week...........Wife and I were out for supper and I had backed the Sling into the curb when I parked............We were getting ready to leave when some guy walks by behind us and says............Shouldn't the single tire be on the front...........Harley rider maybe ?????? Jealous maybe ?????????? Smartass ???
    Felt like turning around and say and isn't your brain supposed to be in your head ??

You know, people still ask me how it steers from the single tire in the rear. They really don't understand what's going on. You have to explain it.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You know, people still ask me how it steers from the single tire in the rear. They really don't understand what's going on. You have to explaI'd

I guess you're right one of my neighbors who was supposed to be really smart .............you know good job..............making lots of $$$$...................fancy suv all of that asked me................Do you have to change oil and everything in that just like a real car ??????..............This was after he had looked under the hood and saw the engine............You just can't fix stupid

• Someone got asked that same question while sitting at a gas pump hose in the tank filling up

That could have been me. There have been many others on here that had it happen to them too! I was amazed the first time that happened, but has happened to my more than once (while filling it up and the nozzle in the tank at the time).

• You guys have to learn how to play with idiots

Yes it is electric - the thing up front converts high test gas into DC power it is an experimental prototype

It is a kit car you can order at Walmart.com and it only take 3-4 hours to assemble

The reason for one wheel in the back is more stable landings - just like any other aircraft

Damn I could go on and on - I just leave them standing there scratching their heads

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I just parked in the drugstore and started getting out....a truck pulled up and an older lady in the passenger side says excuse me sir...he wants to ask you some questions...
    He is easily in his seventies.....is that a slingshot....yes it is....

Turns out he’s thinking about buying one...been riding motorcycles for years and used to do professional/semi professional dirt bike circuits...with some local (now motorcycle dealers).

I offered him a ride but he declined saying his back was acting up today.....wanted to know, when, where, how much, is it fun....

Anyway he knows approximately where I live...I told him if he buys one look me up...

It was a nice conversation..I offered him many times to get in and to go for a ride.... I really tried to sell it....

• So far i haven't gotten too many stupid questions ....One really sticks out, One guy asks me if its street legal ....I said no, But i know all the cops so they don't bother me..But when i had one of the first Spyder's in NJ [2008]...Every stupid question was asked...While i was filling up at a gas station this YaHoo comes up to me and asked is this an electric motorcycle?...I said yes it is, But the clock runs on gasoline thats why i'm putting gas in the tank.. :D

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• So far i haven't gotten too many stupid questions ....One really sticks out, One guy asks me if its street legal ....I said no, But i know all the cops so they don't bother me..But when i had one of the first Spyder's in NJ [2008]...Every stupid question was asked...While i was filling up at a gas station this YaHoo comes up to me and asked is this an electric motorcycle?...I said yes it is, But the clock runs on gasoline thats why i'm putting gas in the tank.. :D

Now I know why my clock doesn’t work...it’s out of gas..

• I have a red SL, what I did is put red vinyl over the center caps of the wheels then cut out the three point star. Several times I’ve gone into the gas station for gas and somebody walks up to me and says is that a Mercedes I just looked him straight in the face yeah. Their reply is, I didn’t know Mercedes made this.

Another stupid question is, how fast does it go.
    I say, turn your shorts brown fast

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info