Weird questions people ask about your slingshot.

• Still shaking my head at the rednecks that ask how it is offroad. Look at the ground clearance! It's by Polaris but it's NOT a RZR!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Two recent ones were:
    "How long did it take you to build that?" answer..."not long"
    Had a guy walk over at a rest stop on way home from Maggie from his Prius, only question he had is "what kind of gas mileage do you get?" I said 30, he said he got 48. I said, yeah, these are really similar vehicles, I just got the sportier options.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Was coming out of one of our local restaurants, and say an older couple eye-balling the "V-SHOT". Walked over to them and struck up some small talk. The gentleman sheepishly asked "I'll bet it's a hoot to drive, ain't it?" I looked him dead in the eye and said "It is the most fun you will ever have, with all your clothes on!" His wife slapped him on the shoulder and said "Now I KNOW we have to get one of these!" :00008172:

• @Flybuddy a Volt is not a Prius & it's all in good fun. The humor is more in regards to the political leanings & attitude of a lot of the Prius owners themselves (sterotypically speaking, of course - there are always exceptions) more than the vehicle itself.

• I get the can it go in water thing quite a bit. I just say no its not a boat. The one I get on a pretty regular basis is. Thay s one of those can am spiders right. I say yea it is it has a body kit on it.

The folks around here knew that me and the wife use to ride the Spyder. When they see us they usually say "I thought you had that Can Am thingy!" We just smile and say "The Can Am got out of the garage one night and slept with our Audi. This is what happened!" It usually elicits a smile or two!

• @Flybuddy a Volt is not a Prius & it's all in good fun. The humor is more in regards to the political leanings & attitude of a lot of the Prius owners themselves (sterotypically speaking, of course - there are always exceptions) more than the vehicle itself.

No offense taken...on the Volt forum there's a lot of fun made of Prius owners also. They buy an ugly car because they buy into the green hype. It lugs around heavy old tech batteries that are barely used and negates any real mileage gain. The Gen 2 Volt is a vastly improved model over the originals, smaller, lighter lithium pack with a 20% range increase. Also a larger gas engine with 20% more power and 10% better fuel economy on lower octane fuel. Plus it's a nice looking, quality vehicle which I enjoy as much as the Sling. I've got 5K miles on it and have only used the gas engine a couple of times.

• No offense taken...on the Volt forum there's a lot of fun made of Prius owners also. They buy an ugly car because they buy into the green hype. It lugs around heavy old tech batteries that are barely used and negates any real mileage gain. The Gen 2 Volt is a vastly improved model over the originals, smaller, lighter lithium pack with a 20% range increase. Also a larger gas engine with 20% more power and 10% better fuel economy on lower octane fuel. Plus it's a nice looking, quality vehicle which I enjoy as much as the Sling.

The Volt is a MUCH better looking vehicle than the Prius. Would like to see them come out with a coupe model...

• My new answer to where did you get it - is Walmart.com
    It is a kit you have to put together - buy it before the end of the sale and get free delivery

I just wonder how many are still looking?

@MACAWS that is funny!! You know some poor clerk at Walmart headquarters is gettin bitched at tryin to figure out what the hell they are talking about :00008356:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Two recent ones were:
    "How long did it take you to build that?" answer..."not long"
    Had a guy walk over at a rest stop on way home from Maggie from his Prius, only question he had is "what kind of gas mileage do you get?" I said 30, he said he got 48. I said, yeah, these are really similar vehicles, I just got the sportier options.

Should have followed that up with...

Guess I will see you again in about two weeks...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: