My next mod? Shocks? Stereo Upgrade? Seats?

• My mods to date have been mostly cosmetic (speaker rings, padded arm rest, cup holder rings, LED headlights, Canadian lights, halo rings, LED brow switch backs, underbody LED light strips) I still need to figure out the headlight bypass switch option / approach as the first solution didn't really work out for me.

I am trying to decide on where to go next. I do plan on going turbo - probably in the winter when the Sling can be down for a few weeks. At this point, I am not thinking about headers, exhaust, etc. because they will get addressed when I do the turbo.

So, where to go next?

Shocks - QA1 vs the JRI 2 way adjustable (anyone running these and any feedback?) I am leaning towards shocks first as it looks fairly straight forward and it has a great benefit.

Stereo - there are many options and I wish there was a dedicated thread under the DIY section. I have searched and read many threads but still don't have a clear visual / mental picture of how this would go or which speakers / amps etc to use. I do know I don't want to give up the storage space for a sub.

Paint is another option but it is another one that I thinks waits until cooler weather when I won't mind not having the Sling for awhile.

Any suggestions / opinions welcome.

• DITTO.....I have JRI one way adjustable and they are great and the best mod for driver and passanger. I am a "set it and forget it" guy, so they are perfect. The beauty of them is that should you feel you would like them stiffer or softer than they come, @Turbosling will have them adjusted for you(for a small fee). You can go to a local shock place and have them adjusted also. I found them to be perfect as they can feel too soft or stiff on different roads, usually...just right, especially at SSITS.

Better tires make the second best mod, though so close to shocks in improving handling and comfort, it could be a tie.

• I bought the JRI coilovers back during the group buy (Feb '16?) and they definitely made a big difference in both ride and handling. Tires stay planted on rougher road surfaces and when crossing railroad tracks, for example, the tires barely lift of the road surface, if at all. The factory coilovers literally allowed the Slingshot to fly thru the air when crossing RR tracks.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I got tires first. I was like wow what a difference in feel. I could tell in my butt how hard the stock tires were. Then 2 weeks later I got JRI 2 way adjustable. I was like this thing is a dream to drive now. I can't imagine PRP seats also. I'd probley fall asleep when driving.

• Nitto 555 got a rear flat 200 yards down the road from a discount tire. Nursed it to the store had only the rear in stock that's all I needed. Ordered the fronts got them two weeks later. But any shocks and tire combo you go with will be in night and day difference. Discount tire has the SS in there system and have the sizes and the varieties. Its pretty convenient.

• I have a 2015 Base Slingshot. Installed Sumitomo HTR Z III 295/30R18 on the rear and it made one heck of an improvement, especially on damp roads. The 295/30R18 is generally considered the Largest tire that conforms to OEM specs in terms of diameter and fits w/o causing any problems. The largest front tire is 225/45R17, which Sumitomo also makes. NTB carries them. The rear cost me $266 installed with road hazard warranty. The fronts are around $118 each w/o road hazard warranty or installation. The road hazard warranty was around $28/front tire. Gonna replace the front OEMs once they wear out as I really haven't had any problem with them.

• If you want to enjoy the ride ... this what i recommend:
    1) Shocks - single adjustable form QA1 buy them from online store you can buy pair for 600$ max i got the double adjustable for 900$
    2) brakes
    2.5) Second thing stereo ... not rims because stock or SL both rims and tire can do for you at least this summer
    3) Leds and making it fancier + air intake and exhaust
    4) Rims and tire .. the only reason i suggest in last is because tires and rim will give you performance but .... they can be put on hold because slingshot rims and tire gives you the same performance ..

I hope there is no more money left in the bank ... by doing all these mods ..

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• @Devil - thanks for the suggestions

With the 10% off for July 4th - I ordered a few smaller mods including the RGB halo lights (will fit inside the white halos), the under brow LED lights, the remote battery terminal kit, and the in dash garage door opener. These should easy installs and I had the money in PayPal from some poker winnings (!).

Will def. go shocks next.

BTW - like the paint work you posted on the other thread. Have been thinking of similar but will probably carry the color across the top of the dash to the plastic covers under the roll bars - almost like a rally stripe.

• Thanks for

Yup that was my project for the 4 of july ... yeah you should ... and how much did you buy the RGB for .. because if you see my other pics on the same thread i got the RGB for 40 $

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• I put the Tech Air Ride System on my 2016MY. you do give up the passenger storage compartment though. it take the SS from 5" to 8" and can lower it all the way to the ground. you can see the switch's for the air ride, along with the gage for how much air are in them.slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/12036/But I would say the 1st thing is get the seats your way, we did and as we are not large people we added the extra 2" of memory foam and the lumbar support. We couldn't stand the stock seats. slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/12035/