Using VHT wrinkle paint on cool side of turbo and any other part.

• Just wanted to show how accurate the VHT brand wrinkle finish paint can be. All the standard rules apply before using this..

Clean the part and remove all the grease, wax and oil from it. If its shiny it needs to be scuffed for this to be able to bite....

AND DO NOT TOUCH IT ONCE YOU WIPE IT DOWN... it will fisheye just like any paint will.

This can be uses on valve covers, output side of turbos,intake tubing. Just about anything except the actual hot exhaust...

Its amazing how good this actually work...

Lay your first coat down and just lightly cover the part... It will not take but a minutes and it will be ready to lay the heavy coats.

Lay on several heavy coats... IT WILL NOT WRINKLE WHILE YOU WATCH. (or not much)... After you lay on 3 fairly heavy coats go in the house or find something to do...

It will wrinkle to perfection.... Its like magic... Go back 30 mins later and look at it... It should be pretty nice...

If not, I have had success scuffing the bad spot after it has dried and then re-coating the single spot. It will wrinkle up and blend in.

I have even played around with this stuff by painting in the direct sun... It actually works pretty good. It seems to wrinkle a little faster...

Here is how good this stuff looks when compared to a textured sticker. And it is identical to my powder coated valve cover...

And it has been on my cool side of my turbo for 8 months and its flawless...

I painted the fins on the engine of a Honda VTX1800R and they looked like Honda did it at the factory... They were perfect the whole 4 years I owned it..

This is when its wet...

This is 1/2 wrinkled. Walk away ,,, its still working when it looks like this...

• this what I use on all my prototypes to replicate a good wrinkle powder coating. All the textured finishes you see in my installs and pics gave this paint.
    Thanks for sharing @rabtech

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I'll just state again to just let it dry really good. It does not dry as fast as most spray paint and if you get it on your hands it is hard to get off. it takes about two days sometimes three to be very hard. I live in a high humidity area so that might have a lot to do with it.
    Under the hood does really well. Have seen a bit of fading over time. Nothing you really see until you put fresh paint next to say 2 year old spray.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Definitely down for a summer project... Now we need a thread for easy to remove engine pieces for dress up. Wouldn't know where to start or what would be okay... But I'm probably going to go with red to match the coils/springs.

• love this stuff.... just used about 3 cans for various SEMA product displays I built... almost a perfect match to the powder coated finish we use on some parts.

(Slingshot Owners Group)