no cutting Double Din Radio Kit with cover!

• Yeah, if I have the time!!

I have those same magnets, they are called neodymium magnets. They are supposed to be really strong. The thing was that I didn't want to mount them on the front, I was trying to mount them in the little ridge on the back of that trim piece. Once I did that, there was simply too much material there for the magnets to be effective. I also thought about drilling holes in the trim piece and painting the magnets black so I could flush mount them in the trim. Not sure if they would hold though and I don't want to destroy the trim piece for nothing.

Thing thing I like about my piece above, is that if I get caught in a rain storm, I can still use my GPS and such because it's clear!!

E-Bay right on down to 1/16 x 1/32

• So I did do the Metra install. Quite a bit trimming required, even more than what the instructions specify to get things to fit together nicely. All in all, I like it. Probably not as refined as the Scosche, but the splash guard is more important to me to protect my $1700 stereo from the elements. The head-unit support brackets are also much sturdier on the Metra kit. One other thing I liked better on the Scosche kit is the viewing angle is a little better, but it's not much of a difference. If these two manufacturers would take tips from the other, they could build the ultimate stereo kit for the Slingshot!!!

So anyway, here are a few pics of the installed product: