Another automatic transmission option?

• I think the designers of the automatic transmission for the SS are smart...giving an option for those that can't ride motorcycles or drive manual vehicles but still want the thrill of the SS. In some cases like Amputee's this is just an incredible option. For the rest of us, it's not something we would do...but for those physically hindered, this is just a great thing.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I think the designers of the automatic transmission for the SS are smart...giving an option for those that can't ride motorcycles or drive manual vehicles but still want the thrill of the SS. In some cases like Amputee's this is just an incredible option. For the rest of us, it's not something we would do...but for those physically hindered, this is just a great thing.

I agree that this is a great option for someone physically challenged. Currently, as a physically able bodied individual, this option wouldn't be a consideration of mine.

The laws in some states are limiting the potential market for the Sling. I know states are reviewing and considering changes.

In North Carolina, they consider the Sling a motorcycle and require you to take the written and driving test on a 2 wheeled vehicle. So, a potential buyer needs to learn the rules and perform a road test for a 2 wheel motorcycle in order to drive the 3 wheel Sling. Crazy, I know.

So, my comment above comes from a somewhat limited bias as to who might drive a Sling - at least in my state. I hope the state would allow an individual with physical challenges to take their motorcycle rode test on a three wheeled trike so they could pass and get into a Sling. I have been told they don't allow you to take the motorcycle road test in a Sling.

I hope anyone who wants and needs an automatic transmission on their Sling can get equipped so they can enjoy the experience.

• When we started to explore the automatic trans conversion in the slingshot a few years ago truthfully I had no interest and didn't like the idea as I am a die hard advocate of manual trans in a sporty vehicle. Our engineers got the details done and the parts made for the conversion and when the first one was complete I took it out for a spin. own automatic cars/trucks but it was very odd to drive a auto sling as I was so used ot shifting. With Muscle memory of a manual I kept reaching for the shifter and clutch pedal!

Once I got into town and in traffic started to have second thoughts about the trans. It was so nice to just push the gas to go and the brake to brake. It made simply cruising fun and easier to fiddle with the radio ect....

I love to simply drive and a manual trans just adds to the thrill of driver and machine. But not everyone is like that and now that we have done a bunch of these swaps and i've had to talk to the customers and drive each unique vehicle I can truly appreciate it and understand why one may want the conversion.

We have done two conversions with hand controls for paraplegic individuals that otherwise would not be able to enjoy the fun of the sling. Those two are so inspiring and seeing pictiures of them in the slings is one of those things that just makes you feel good.

I had a older couple call from Iowa that saw the sling back in 14 and had to have it. They bought it but the wife couldn't drive manual well and after a few scares the sling sat in the garage for over a year. It's now been converted and she drives it daily and is enjoying a whole new chapter of fun with her husband.

Had another customer from GA that needed one converted. During the process of the conversion and exchanges of emails you get to know a person a little more and their story of why they want or need the conversion. This guy can drive manual but wanted the auto so he could take his son around the block and enjoy the sling with his son who is autistic. He was afraid of him bragging the shifter so the auto makes it easier for them. I've been taking my son in the sling since he was 2 and this project really touched home and again just felt great to be able to help a father be the best dad and have fun with his son.