Question: What is best method to winch a SS onto a flatbed?

• After watching my brother’s car get winched onto a flatbed tow truck (he was rear-ended by an idiot driver on a cell phone) I started wondering about how a Tow Truck driver would get my SS onto a Flatbed if needed.

In other words: Where is the best place to hook the winch cable to the SS to pull it onto a flatbed tow truck without causing any damage ?( (I.E. Best SS attachment points either from the front or the rear. Also, any Ground or Body clearance issues?). Anyone had a good experience/recommendation they can share?

I looked in the SS Owner’s Manual; all it offers is “…cannot be towed by a conventional tow truck”… use a trailer or flatbed truck”. No recommendations on where to “hook-up” a winch cable. (Sorry in advance if this has been covered before, I searched but could not find any related posts).

Hopefully I'll never need to use this info, but better to be prepared in advance vs trying to figure it out while shook-up (or pissed off) on the side of the road . Thanks!

• Last time I had to have it towed I needed (4) 24" 2x4 boards placed in front of the tires to allow the front to clear the tow trucks tilt bed

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Bump to an old thread. This is just to show I really tried to look before I asked. I am now at the point where I want to winch SS onto my trailer. Looking for advice on where to hook it up. I'm actually using a manual winch almost exactly like one for a boat. It's rated at 2000 pounds. The winch is mounted 24 inches above the floor of the trailer. I have purchased two lifting strap slings from Harbor Freight. Thought behind that is two straps hooked to SS and then to one winch allowing me to pull evenly from both sides. Thanks in advance for any help.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Bump to an old thread. This is just to show I really tried to look before I asked. I am now at the point where I want to winch SS onto my trailer. Looking for advice on where to hook it up. I'm actually using a manual winch almost exactly like one for a boat. It's rated at 2000 pounds. The winch is mounted 24 inches above the floor of the trailer. I have purchased two lifting strap slings from Harbor Freight. Thought behind that is two straps hooked to SS and then to one winch allowing me to pull evenly from both sides. Thanks in advance for any help.

Check this out - I can show you when you come to Booze and Blues
    Removable Winch for Enclosed Slingshot Trailer

The rest of the thread is how I set up a winch in my trailer

PM me if you have questions

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Bullet Speed has a front tow bar and hook that will be available soon. I saw it listed on SlingMods and it will cost $129.99. This might be what is needed if pulling from the front.

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein

• Bullet Speed has a front tow bar and hook that will be available soon. I saw it listed on SlingMods and it will cost $129.99. This might be what is needed if pulling from the front.

That is good location for a tow hook. It would be better if the entire piece was removable.
    Won't work on mine because of my splitter that's why I made the spreader bar

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Check this out - I can show you when you come to Booze and BluesRemovable Winch for Enclosed Slingshot Trailer

The rest of the thread is how I set up a winch in my trailer

PM me if you have questions

That looks awesome. I purchased two winch straps that might work similar.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• That looks awesome. I purchased two winch straps that might work similar.

You just need to pay close attention to the angle of the ramp so the straps do not hit the body. If you do not have a splitter and the bottom is open you can use the lower A arms.
    I have to use the uppers and i have to put an extension to raise my winch and change the angle of the cable

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You just need to pay close attention to the angle of the ramp so the straps do not hit the body. If you do not have a splitter and the bottom is open you can use the lower A arms.I have to use the uppers and i have to put an extension to raise my winch and change the angle of the cable

Thanks for the input. I am going to test if I can ever stop working long enough.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I bought a six foot strap from Harbor Freight purple in color and two hooks attached each end, hook front a arms and winch from front. Keep winch low and you will not hit spoiler at all. Hooks actually came off an old ratchet strap. You can always use snatch block, also at HF to keep winch cable low.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I bought a six foot strap from Harbor Freight purple in color and two hooks attached each end, hook front a arms and winch from front. Keep winch low and you will not hit spoiler at all. Hooks actually came off an old ratchet strap. You can always use snatch block, also at HF to keep winch cable low.

JUST SAYIN

I already have two of the yellow ones. They are 6500 pounds which is overkill but they were out of the 2000 pound purple ones. The Labor Day sale nearly emptied the Harbor Freights around me.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads