Cold Air Intake

• There is likely a thread on here about this, but I thought I'd ask here anyway. I've been looking at the Alpha CAI and exhaust kit, and have hesitated as I would guess it would void the warranty. Does anyone know for sure? No other mods planned, but would like to free up the restrictions to let it breathe like it should. I've only had mine since May 22nd. 3,658 miles so far, but that will go up fast as vacation looms and I'm taking it when we go.

I got some LED lights for the headlights as replacements to brighten things up at night. Started to put them in today after work, and realized the one high beam is larger in diameter and sticks out much farther and will restrict the stock air intake airflow. I'm either going to return the LED's (which I'd really like more light since I go in before daylight in the mornings) or bite the bullet and by the kit or at least the CAI.

Thanks all...

• Thanks for the replies. I think I will call the dealer I bought it from. Harley is not stickler in general. I put breather kit, 2 into one Vance & Hines pipe, and bigger cams at 600 miles after first oil change. Didn't affect the warranty for them. Sounds like if some do and some don't, I'd better check with the one I got it at.

• It's not really a matter of warranty, it's a matter of dealer opinions. There's the Magnuson Moss act from 1977 which establishes how warranties work. It would be up to the manufacturer to prove that the modification specifically caused the failure. If dealer says no find another or call Polaris.