Alpha LED Grille or Canadian light kit?

• Looking to add lighting to the front. Our Sling is stock in front with the exception of LED bulbs and LED strip lights under the HL housings. I already have the driving light kit installed but never installed lights. So,if you were doing it (again) would you do the Canadian lights with LED bulbs or the Alpha LED grille?

Thanks all!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• OK, I am already toast. The Sling is considered a MC in West Virginia and a MC is to have no more than 2 headlights. Polaris is breaking the law!!!! ;)

Back to the question since light laws are not enforced here. Our Sling looks boring from the front compared to everyone else's at SSITS. Which is my best bang for my buck: Alpha LED Grille, Canadian headlights with LED's or even Halo's? State your opinion for the record! :D

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• The Alpha grille is sweet looking but wouldn't you worry about cooling blocking that much of the grille? Easy and cheap add on to the grille would be the Knight Rider Light. Pic doesn't do it justice as it's blinking back and forth.slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/10063/

@Flybuddy, somebody (maybe you?) asked that same question elsewhere on this forum some time ago, and I don't know that it ever received a response. I have the same question....so does anyone on this forum even have this thing installed?

• I added the Canadian light kit with LEDs and wired them to run as headlights. I like the additional light for night driving and the overall look. While I had the light brackets out, I also added the halos around all 6 lights. Will add the headlight bypass switch soon so I can turnoff the headlights and use the halos as the daytime running lights - like the look.

With all six setup with LEDs, I can run the halos and LEDs at the same time as well - they look good and add function and I believe makes me more visible to other vehicles.]

As a side note, take a minute to watch the parade video from the SSITS in Maggie Valley a few weeks back. You will see Slings with the various lighting options including the LED grille. The video helped me decide on which lighting approach to take.

• @Flybuddy, somebody (maybe you?) asked that same question elsewhere on this forum some time ago, and I don't know that it ever received a response. I have the same question....so does anyone on this forum even have this thing installed?

Might have been me, I know I asked the same question on the skid plate on 3 different threads if it would cause a heat problem when the the radiator shroud first came out and never got a response. The quietness led me to believe it was a problem and it turned out to be correct.

• The Alpha grille is sweet looking but wouldn't you worry about cooling blocking that much of the grille? Easy and cheap add on to the grille would be the Knight Rider Light. Pic doesn't do it justice as it's blinking back and forth.slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/10063/

I have the Alpha Grill....no cooling issues at all....and you are correct it is sweeeet

• Might have been me, I know I asked the same question on the skid plate on 3 different threads if it would cause a heat problem when the the radiator shroud first came out and never got a response. The quietness led me to believe it was a problem and it turned out to be correct.

That's my concern and the reason I won't be installing one. It obviously cuts down on the airflow to the radiator by what looks to be 1/3 of the grills surface area.

• Motorcycles are only allowed three headlights. We're already over with four, but six would get the wrong kind of attention

I installed Canadian lights a month back, i was pulled over by cops not on 6 lights on at the same time + HIDS on all 6 but for loud musics ... so the point is most of the cops dont get in that much detail.. so getting a ticket on light i have not heard off ... i havent heard any one getting a ticket on 6 headlights !! BUT AGAIN I COULD BE WRONG :)

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• I have both, I live in Arkansas and it has been hovering at 100 degrees all week and I do not have any heat issues. I also run with Alpha light on day and night and never got a second look by Police. Hot Springs Arkansas is very biker friendly and most bikes her run with all of their LED's on. We have a large retirement community so I suspect the easer to see we are the better.

• @Flybuddy i actually had someone install them so I don't want to give you inaccurate information but I know they ran a strip on the plastic panel that also covers the headlights. It is not on the body panel. They also tied those wires into the headlight harness so that it goes on when I turn the car on. I could swear I think thats how it goes, but then again I didn't watch it happen so anyone with that kind of experience would be able to better assist you with that.

• I have the alpha grill with turbo and skid plate everything warms up quicker but nothing overheats the only issue i had was the grill light causes a bunch of noise in the electrical and would make my gauges jump around.Had to put a stereo noise filter on it to fix the issue
    I run it like my pic during the day but at night shut grill off when headlights are on.

• I have the Canadian light kit with LED's. Makes a big difference at night and gives a better view to the side than the stock lights. Spotted several deer off the side of the road last night that I would not have seen otherwise. A friend had both the Canadian and the grill light. Had to put the grill light on a dash switch. Said it was just to bright. Looks good though.