Spreading the good word

• I met an old shipmate of mine for lunch this afternoon, this master chief who I first met on ENTERPRISE when he was my Chief. Good chance to catch up, get a little mentoring from the Chief's Mess....and I took him for his first Slingshot ride. He was laughing and whooping it up, really enjoying it, talking about getting his wife a ride when they get to their new duty station in San Diego, to help talk her into getting one. His enjoyment of the whole thing really made my day.

So that got me to thinking...let's share some stories about that ride or experience you gave someone that really made them - and you - happy to be a part of it. I've read several stories on this forum about folks taking sick kids for a ride, or being in a parade with some older veterans....what about the rest of us? What's your favorite positive interaction?

• Took a friends' wife out riding yesterday & she made this short video on her phone & posted it on YouTube - LOL!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Oh goodness - where to start! 2 Aunts in their 80s, 11 year-old granddaughter who squealed 'with delight' (her words), little boy with cerebral palsy, more than one cousin's grandkids, men who 'wanted on the list for a ride' at the RV park I stayed at when I first got the SS, the cousin who went 100 mph with me and there will more great rides to come!!

• When I'm out in the Slingshot, its rare that I don't have time to give someone a ride when asked. Those that I do that I have never met before already have some intrepadation, but 45 seconds into it they have a huge smile and they're sucked in. Its a large part of the Slingshot sharing the fun.
    :00008674:

• Went to a friend's 40th birthday today at a local restaurant, in a big strip mall, lots of parking lots. Long story short, by the time it was done, I had given 5 adults (including one of the waiters), and about 15 kids ages 8-14 a ride. The adults got to go around the block at 80+ with a little squealing rubber for good measure, and the kids got to do a lap around the back of the strip mall, at about 60 mph and a hard corner thrown in. Then I gave my buddy a ride home, and from there gave a repeat performance to one of his friends' wives who had loved the around-the-block jaunt at the restaurant. We went out for another 20 minutes, she was hooting and hollering all over the place. (Yeah, ok, maybe the sharp downshift to 3rd and bouncing her head off the headrest helped...but she was having a ball!) Both she and her husband were talking about going to test drive one at the local dealer...don't know if they will, but it was cool to introduce them to the sensations of the ride.

• Went to a friend's 40th birthday today at a local restaurant, in a big strip mall, lots of parking lots. Long story short, by the time it was done, I had given 5 adults (including one of the waiters), and about 15 kids ages 8-14 a ride. The adults got to go around the block at 80+ with a little squealing rubber for good measure, and the kids got to do a lap around the back of the strip mall, at about 60 mph and a hard corner thrown in. Then I gave my buddy a ride home, and from there gave a repeat performance to one of his friends' wives who had loved the around-the-block jaunt at the restaurant. We went out for another 20 minutes, she was hooting and hollering all over the place. (Yeah, ok, maybe the sharp downshift to 3rd and bouncing her head off the headrest helped...but she was having a ball!) Both she and her husband were talking about going to test drive one at the local dealer...don't know if they will, but it was cool to introduce them to the sensations of the ride.

Now that's how it should be done!!! The feeling you get from doing that for people is a far cry better than the feeling you get when you walk out and find an idiot sitting in your Sling without asking first!!!! Glad you and all those folks had so much fun!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi