Is anyone aware of this? So sad.

• I believe @StickerDick is the one with the thread started .. Let me find it and post a link here.

I can't believe you are so deeply involved in this (your forum). I pull my head to you any time, you are an example how people should interact and be. I hope to meet you soon.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Yes many of us know of this. He is really close to There's Da Life gang.

Mark Brown and I were the original Three's da Lifers along with @funinthesun that were going to do the Lap of America which was from Florida to California, up to Auburn, then join Ivor's ride of SlingShots Across America and go to New York, then back home to Florida, a close to 13500 mile trip.

Mark Brown knew this was a Bucket List adventure for me and that I have a tradition of doing crazy things on my big Birthday years, at 30, I ran my jetski from the North Florida area to the Orlando area on New Years Day, at 40, I did White Water Rafting in October and froze my butt off, at 50, I rode my HD Nighttrain from Jacksonville to Las Vegas. Now that I will be 60 this year, and with me noticing that after my cataract surgeries, my night vision is failing as well as my overall vision, I saw this trip as a must do, so Mark jumped in with both feet as did Phil.

Mark and I are very competitive guys, both ex racers so it became a competition as well to keep it interesting. Well...... with too much background information that does not matter anymore,...... he and I were going to end up having to do this trip in different ways and it was losing some of the "FUN" factor, Then Stephen ( Toobad4u) Jumped in and asked if he could go on the trip and others have chimed in as well, so the Fun factor has come back, but..... as you can see from the above posts, Mark Brown is in a different competition right now!

He tells his story much better than I , but ALL of the stupid and petty feelings that got in the way of us having fun and being friends washed away when I heard from him that he has Stage Three Lymphoma Cancer. He is determined to win this fight, I try to talk to him as often as he feels up to it, and he is going to win this battle. He is in the middle of the fight right now, so his trip has been moved to next spring. If there is anyway I can do that next year with him, I will, but right now, I am trying to do what I can for him and that is help raise awareness of the situation and let everybody know that Mark is fighting. On the 13th of August, a small group of SlingShots (30) are going on a Pre-Launch ride sponsored by our new local Dealer here in Fleming Island, HoleShot PowerSports, That will start at 8am in downtown Jacksonville and travel around the tri-county area to enjoy the wonderful sights and smells of the great city! We will end the ride at the Dealership where they will provide a cook out and then after that, I'm trying to set-up a 1/8 mile drag race evening for us to go to and hopefully raise a little more money to put towards Mark's cancer fund.

This ride is the pre-cursor to Three's da Life "SlingShots Coast to Coast 2016" ride that starts on the 18th of August and will go from Jacksonville Beach Pier in Florida to the Santa Monica Pier in California. We will be stopping in several key spots along the way and everybody is invited to follow along with our ride through the live tracking that we will be doing on Threesdalife.com, also the blogging we will be doing on this forum as well as the public Three's da Life Face Book page and the private group on FB, Working Three's da Life. I started my own little side fund raising campaign for Mark Brown's Go fund Me account, and so far, we have been able to send him right at $500.00. I have been doing that by selling the Three's da Life swag and decals and then splitting the proceeds to cover my costs and sending money to Mark Brown.

But you can always just go direct to his Go fund Me account and donate, or just contact him directly. He seems to enjoy the conversation and he is still planning on raising funds for St. Judes even as he fights this personal battle. Mark Brown is my hero, and I love him dearly, only met him because of the SlingShot craze, and I count him and his wife Darby as some of the best folks I know! here is the link to his account: Mark and Darby Brown by Leanne Galliher - GoFundMe

Files

• back.pdf

(2.62 MB, downloaded 10 times, last: )