What do you carry

• How did I miss a gun thread? I'm no pro but I do spend a fair amount of time at the range. My wife and I both carry regularly. Mn finally allowed suppressors last year so I've added a couple of them to the arsenal :D got my first sbr paperwork submitted over the summer too. I know everyone likes pictures so here's a kinda cool setup. (Not for carry use )

• ^^^^Haven't used one personally but have a friend who likes his. Most the time a little LCP in a pocket holster is what I'm carrying. When the weather cools down a bit and I'm wearing more hoodies (and bad guys have more layers) I'll carry my Springfield XDs 9mm in an Aliengear IWB holster. One good thing about the slingshot being parked over winter will be more time to hit the range.

• Ruger LC9 or LCP is a hard to beat choice for something safe and lite. And it will get your point across for around 300.00. ,

Guns are like paint jobs. There are way to many diffferent ones to say something deragatory about one of them. Your going to step on someone's feelings..

Here is my tiny Ruger...

Here is what you will have to dig out of you if I ever have to pull the trigger. Hopefully this bullet will grow old in the clip....

• I don't really prefer the LC9, or anything made by ruger, really (except their MKIII .22 or its predecessors), but I agree that "to each, their own." Just so long as you carry safely and smartly, don't act like a fucking retard with it, and don't give the rest of us law-abiding gun owners a bad name. Aside from that, I don't care what you carry, as long as it works for you.

Though seriously, @rabtech, how does that tiny pistol fit in your hands? LOL

• I just reviewed this thread and realized I never obeyed the "pictures or it didn't happen" rule.

My most common daily carry, XDS .45. (With a bunch of other pocket crap.)

What I sometimes dream of mounting in a fast-release clip in the Sling:

• I don't really prefer the LC9, or anything made by ruger, really (except their MKIII .22 or its predecessors), but I agree that "to each, their own." Just so long as you carry safely and smartly, don't act like a fucking retard with it, and don't give the rest of us law-abiding gun owners a bad name. Aside from that, I don't care what you carry, as long as it works for you.

Though seriously, @rabtech, how does that tiny pistol fit in your hands? LOL

Some of the things that most people hate about a (off the shelf) ruger makes me like it. I like the hard trigger pull and I like the really crappy finish on the gun. It makes me not care to much about how I store it. However I never mistreat it. I always store it in my console of my truck... The hard trigger pull makes me happy because I know that it won't fire till I firmly pull the trigger.

It's frame is bigger than you think. Or maybe my hand is smaller than you think :-)

• Some of the things that most people hate about a (off the shelf) ruger makes me like it. I like the hard trigger pull and I like the really crappy finish on the gun. It makes me not care to much about how I store it. However I never mistreat it. I always store it in my console of my truck... The hard trigger pull makes me happy because I know that it won't fire till I firmly pull the trigger.

It's frame is bigger than you think. Or maybe my hand is smaller than you think :-)

Ahh, just giving you a hard time. One of my back-ups is a Kel-tec .32 that's smaller than that.

• Here is my nightstand weapon. It's right beside my Mossberg 500 cruiser...

Like i said. I hope they never are fired in defence. But you can bet your ass I can if i need to. And as my wife has pointed out to me before .... I'm kinda heartless when it comes to some things. It won't bother me at all to drop someone that is in my home up to no good..

• Here is my nightstand weapon. It's right beside my Mossberg 500 cruiser...

Like i said. I hope they never are fired in defence. But you can bet your ass I can if i need to. And as my wife has pointed out to me before .... I'm kinda heartless when it comes to some things. It won't bother me at all to drop someone that is in my home up to no good..

I'm absolutely with you. And that decision is the first step.

If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend "On Combat" by Grossman. A must-read if you carry for protection.

BTW, if you're not sold on the .357 loads out of that heater, there are a lot of high-energy .38s with as good or better ballistics, with less recoil and faster 2nd-shot recovery. Just a thought.