What do you carry

• I’m doing my part I have classes for concealed carry in my basement. I’ve probably had close to two hundred people come through our class. In Illinois I’m proud to get that number higher.

I thought is was almost impossible to get your conceal carry permit in IL?

Very glad to hear that you are helping people to preserve their right to keep and bear!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• We were I believe the last state. The feds ruled Illinois had to do it. It’s been a few years now. It works out great I grill food for everyone that does the class. We don’t charge veterans. And only charge $100 for everyone else and I don’t see a dime that money goes to the NRA pistol instructor that teaches the class. Then we go to our farm to our shooting berm. It’s two 8 hrs classes to get the permit. Illinois makes you go through hoops so I try to make it as easy as possible for people.

• Thanks for what you do!

I think we have really fallen down in our responsibilities when we allow the govt. charge us a fee to exercise a God give right guaranteed by our constitution.

I have been in law enforcement for 20yrs. Every L.E.O. takes an oath to uphold the constitution and we have all failed. Some of my colleagues believe that CC permits make them safer. I have yet to understand how that piece of paper has ever made it safer for me to do a traffic stop or deal with a domestic situation or anything else. If permits actually made it safe for us they would be free and everyone would be encouraged to get one instead of trying to find ways to keep them from attaining one. Unfortunately there are those among our ranks that believe only police should have weapons. I hope and pray we never see that happen in our country. Carry ONe!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I feel since I have the space and place to shoot it’s really something I need to keep doing. Also like taking young people out to shoot and show them how to set up deer stands and ground blinds. I truly believe gun safety is a fun thing to teach.

• We have 1000’s upon 1000’s of acres of BLM land open to the public where I live, where we’re free to shoot & hunt (& 4-wheel & dirt bike, etc.). Very blessed...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks to all for the welcomes. I have emailed for tickets to the Uncorked function. I hope to see a lot of you there.

You will become a member of the family
    Please make sure you go to the event thread and add yourself as a participant
    Need an accurate head count for the welcome dinner and reservations Sunday for brunch
    This group likes to eat as much as it rides

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• It's with a sad heart that I must report that I continue to suffer from F.A.D. Although, I have had good intentions to avoid all and any literature, videos or visits to the range----that would push me into this guilty pleasure...I failed. It started with the beginning of the month when I made a turn onto the sports isle in search of a "shooting" sleeve for my daughter to use for basketball.. Somehow the thought of "shooting" lured me to the firearms counter. I attempted to push away from the affectionately named "gun bar", as it is the only bar that I am know to frequent *sigh* but I recalled that Glock was releasing 3 new firearms. I only wanted to take a look at the Glock 19x..the "crossover". With my wife by my side, I felt strong and knew that I would not purchase a firearm. My wife encouraged me to hold the firearm..30 minutes later we walked away with two new family members and two smiles. Some might think this would be the end to this story but alas it is not. Valentine's Day showed up and I knew that the greatest gift I could give my wife besides my burial would be a firearm LOL So, I purchased her a SCCY CPX-2...and one for myself--it keeps her from worrying about buying me chocolates right? LOL Come on don't judge me...I was smart enough to purchase her gift well in advance of the date, I gave her something from the heart, something that could save her life, last longer than the dozen of roses and the box of chocolates LOL So, I guess suffering from F.A.D, was not so much as a failure but a win-win. At least I did not purchase the Ruger SR-556..now that was very hard to walk away from!

Okay enough of the "Hello, I'm Zsmiles and I'm an addict" LOL

For those who have never used Custom Kydex Holsters | Concealed Carry IWB Gun Holster "OnYour6designs" for your holster needs you might want to give them a try. They make some of the best kydex holsters on the market and are very durable. Best part about the holsters being that they carry a lifetime warranty. They fit your firearm like a glove and are very inexpensive compared to other holsters on the market. I have quite a few of their holsters and minus my soft leather pocket holsters, well worth the money.

@Ghost very well stated sir, thank you.

• @bjk81 - Nice work! And awesome that you can, and do, the classroom and field work! The one thing that bothers me and I like at the same time is that you don't charge veterans. Good on you and shame on our Gov't for making it necessary for them to go through the process. DUES PAID!

@Zorasmiles, good to see you posting brother! And I appreciate your addiction.

@Ghost, I had no idea you're law enforcement. The piece of paper only makes it safer in that you know you're dealing with someone who may be armed, an assumption you probably already make with every car window you walk up to. They may still be crazy or shit-faced drunk. I wouldn't take your job for all the money in the world. Thanks for doing what you do.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @Ghost, I had no idea you're law enforcement. The piece of paper only makes it safer in that you know you're dealing with someone who may be armed, an assumption you probably already make with every car window you walk up to. They may still be crazy or shit-faced drunk. I wouldn't take your job for all the money in the world. Thanks for doing what you do.

The law enforcement work is my sideline work. I hold a publicly elected position that I have held for 20yrs now and have never received any pay. I have personally tracked down (with tracking dogs of course) and hand cuffed a murder who was still holding the loaded weapon, I have tracked down and handcuffed rapists, thieves, meth heads and other fugitives from justice. In all my years and adventures never have I once attributed coming home in one piece to the fact that someone did or did not have a permit for CC. Each time you make a traffic stop, each time you have a conversation with anyone during the course of your duties you should automatically assume that they are armed. If (and here we do not) we were to be alerted that someone we were stopping was a CC holder it would put me more at ease than put me on alert. You see CC'ers actually commit less crimes than those within L.E. Don't believe me, look it up, the statistics are out there. To add to that many law abiding citizens actually do more training than those of us in L.E. We are only required to "qualify" annually and that's the only time some even get their weapon out and clean it and practice with it. I have always been told that an armed society is a polite society and for the most part I believe that is true. I like most other folks that appreciate their right to keep and bear arms hope and pray that I never ever have to hurt anyone but it is my responsibility as a man, a father, and as a husband to be prepared to protect myself and others. Out laws never have and never will care how many laws are on the books, they will have their weapons and the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

While I am on my soap box about firearms let me throw this out there. I am adamantly against the bill for "National Reciprocity"! The number one problem with it is that if the federal govt. "gives" you the right to take your weapon anywhere in the nation five years down the road under a different administration they will tell you not only can you not take in anywhere in the nation but that you cannot no longer take it anywhere. We do not need the federal govt regulating our right to carry period. The constitution states that "Our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" no ifs, and's or buts! Carry ONe!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The law enforcement work is my sideline work. I hold a publicly elected position that I have held for 20yrs now and have never received any pay. I have personally tracked down (with tracking dogs of course) and hand cuffed a murder who was still holding the loaded weapon, I have tracked down and handcuffed rapists, thieves, meth heads and other fugitives from justice. In all my years and adventures never have I once attributed coming home in one piece to the fact that someone did or did not have a permit for CC. Each time you make a traffic stop, each time you have a conversation with anyone during the course of your duties you should automatically assume that they are armed. If (and here we do not) we were to be alerted that someone we were stopping was a CC holder it would put me more at ease than put me on alert. You see CC'ers actually commit less crimes than those within L.E. Don't believe me, look it up, the statistics are out there. To add to that many law abiding citizens actually do more training than those of us in L.E. We are only required to "qualify" annually and that's the only time some even get their weapon out and clean it and practice with it. I have always been told that an armed society is a polite society and for the most part I believe that is true. I like most other folks that appreciate their right to keep and bear arms hope and pray that I never ever have to hurt anyone but it is my responsibility as a man, a father, and as a husband to be prepared to protect myself and others. Out laws never have and never will care how many laws are on the books, they will have their weapons and the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

While I am on my soap box about firearms let me throw this out there. I am adamantly against the bill for "National Reciprocity"! The number one problem with it is that if the federal govt. "gives" you the right to take your weapon anywhere in the nation five years down the road under a different administration they will tell you not only can you not take in anywhere in the nation but that you cannot no longer take it anywhere. We do not need the federal govt regulating our right to carry period. The constitution states that "Our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" no ifs, and's or buts! Carry ONe!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Since we’re soapboxing, let me add this. The fact that I have to PAY to get a “permit” to carry a (concealed) weapon pisses me off (OPEN carry of a loaded weapon is legal for NM residents without a permit). The money is not the issue - - I consider having to obtain a permit an infringement. (There are some people that can’t afford the ammunition & training though). Yes, I understand the whole background check benefit, etc. but as you said, the second amendment very clearly states ...”the right of the people to keep AND BEAR arms.” That’s crystal clear - bearing arms means having it on your person. Having to go through a bunch of hoopla & then paying to do so, is absolutely an infringement. The 2nd Ammendment IS our right to carry. JMHO...

• Since we’re soapboxing, let me add this. The fact that I have to PAY to get a “permit” to carry a (concealed) weapon pisses me off (OPEN carry of a loaded weapon is legal for NM residents without a permit). The money is not the issue - - I consider having to obtain a permit an infringement. (There are some people that can’t afford the ammunition & training though). Yes, I understand the whole background check benefit, etc. but as you said, the second amendment very clearly states ...”the right of the people to keep AND BEAR arms.” That’s crystal clear - bearing arms means having it on your person. Having to go through a bunch of hoopla & then paying to do so, is absolutely an infringement. The 2nd Ammendment IS our right to carry. JMHO...

Your right to defend yourself and to keep and bear arms was given to you by your creator. All the 2nd amendment does is to "guarantee" that that right shall not be infringed! Yes permits are an infringement! What other right do you have to have a permit to exercise. NONE! I guess if the left had it their way we'd have to have a permit before we could exercise our right to free speech!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @Ghost, your comments are outstanding and help make my point. You are no more, or less safe because of a CC permit.:

'each time you have a conversation with anyone during the course of your duties you should automatically assume that they are armed. Each time you make a traffic stop, each time you have a conversation with anyone during the course of your duties you should automatically assume that they are armed. If (and here we do not) we were to be alerted that someone we were stopping was a CC holder it would put me more at ease than put me on alert.'

Not put you at ease - more at ease. It only takes one bullet to end your life and you don't know where it might come from.

'You see CC'ers actually commit less crimes than those within L.E.'

Not no crimes, less crimes. Apparently LE is not immune to this.

'I am adamantly against the bill for "National Reciprocity"! The number one problem with it is that if the federal govt. "gives" you the right to take your weapon anywhere in the nation five years down the road under a different administration they will tell you not only can you not take in anywhere in the nation but that you cannot no longer take it anywhere.'

Interesting perspective and one I have not considered. What sounds good on the surface is not always in your best interests. I do understand that more laws = less rights. Sometimes you don't see it coming.

I really appreciate your perspective:

I like most other folks that appreciate their right to keep and bear arms hope and pray that I never ever have to hurt anyone but it is my responsibility as a man, a father, and as a husband to be prepared to protect myself and others.

AMEN!

SlingLow out!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• BTW, I am now a qualified free speech instructor. For my forum friends, for a very limited time, I can sell you a Free Speech Permit for only $150 per year! Yes, that’s right - 50% OFF!!! Act now to get your savings. PM me for PayPal info & I will get your card out right away...