Other vehicles that use our wheel pattern....

• I haven't been able to find this info here as of yet so I thought it would be useful to folks who are searching for wheels from websites that don't list our beloved SLINGSHOT as an option. You can reference the website below to use these vehicles that have our same lug pattern when searching for rims!

5x114.3 - Bolt pattern - Wheel-Size.com

If this is a repeat post then please delete it as I could not find this useful information. If it hasn't been posted them maybe it could get "stickied" somewhere!! Enjoy!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• That's great info! I notice that bolt pattern is really easy to match, the hardest thing is finding the correct offset. Not sure how many people have used Spacers but I'd love to see how much that has impacted the ride or cornering.

Matching our wheels pattern is pretty easy. You are exactly right with that, my thing was knowing which cars to select when finding wheels because most sites dont let let you search by pattern size. Its always the same "Please select a vehicle" and then "Please select a wheel size".

Now that I was able to find what vehicles use our same bolt pattern, I can search easier for a perfect wheel.

Kinda like using a Chevy cobalt or Pontiac Soltice to find engine parts! LOL tongue-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Matching our wheels pattern is pretty easy. You are exactly right with that, my thing was knowing which cars to select when finding wheels because most sites dont let let you search by pattern size. Its always the same "Please select a vehicle" and then "Please select a wheel size".
    Now that I was able to find what vehicles use our same bolt pattern, I can search easier for a perfect wheel.

Kinda like using a Chevy cobalt or Pontiac Soltice to find engine parts! LOL tongue-squared

I already bought the rough racing wheels ... but i had similar issue to even look for the rim design every website asked for Make and model and guess what Polaris slingshot was in neither of them !! Great thread/post lets see how people contribute to it .

You cant see me !! or can you ??

Edited once, last by <<Devil>>: mis-spelled ().

• @Br4hm4, I had to use 3/16" spacers on my front wheels in order for my aftermarket wheels, American Racing Torq thrust M, to clear the calipers. I'm not a madman when I drive, but I haven't noticed any difference.

What were the offsets on the Torq Thrust M?

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• A little more info, I drove it all last season and had no issues but, over the winter, I changed the front wheel studs to ones that are 3/8" longer than the stock ones. I'm not entirely sure that I had to do that but the winters are long up here, and I'm sure it didn't hurt. I'd rather be on the safe side, at least for things I can control.

• I bought a 2nd set of front wheels and taller tires (15 -20 psi) for those unavoidable potholes in my town. The tire shop said they thought the wheels matched Volkswagen's bolt pattern. By the way the ride is much more comfortable but the handling, shall I say has become a bit more creative.

• I bought a 2nd set of front wheels and taller tires (15 -20 psi) for those unavoidable potholes in my town. The tire shop said they thought the wheels matched Volkswagen's bolt pattern. By the way the ride is much more comfortable but the handling, shall I say has become a bit more creative.

5x114.3 or 5x4.5 bolt pattern 42 and 45mm offset.

• going for a new look.The front rim is 18x7.5 but the offset is +40 not + 42. The rear rim is 20x8 not 20x9 with +42 not +45 will that do anything? Wish the back was a little wider, but no luck in this style. Thanks

• going for a new look.The front rim is 18x7.5 but the offset is +40 not + 42. The rear rim is 20x8 not 20x9 with +42 not +45 will that do anything? Wish the back was a little wider, but no luck in this style. Thanks

Leave the fronts the way they are and have them shave as much off the rear rim as possible. Usually they can take 3mm which would get you right back to center 45mm.

Careful on your choice of getting a pretty narrow rear wheel. Many us at even 10 inches wish we would have went wider.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Leave the fronts the way they are and have them shave as much off the rear rim as possible. Usually they can take 3mm which would get you right back to center 45mm.
    Careful on your choice of getting a pretty narrow rear wheel. Many us at even 10 inches wish we would have went wider.

Agreed. More is better and I would never go to a smaller rear wheel. Even though you like the wheel, you're not going to like the loss of performance going to a smaller wheel/tire combo on the rear

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE