• At Alpha today for some TLC. Adding the Alpha header to my CAI, warranty replacement on my side exhaust and replace the hitch that I gave to @MBMedic that had a issue on his way home.

Was 90+ last friday when I was going to do it, but too damn hot, :00000003: today is much better at 78 deg. Can't wait to try it with the header! :00008643:

• So did they have any further thoughts as to why that hitch broke? Is the armature on the right side too thin or narrow? Or did I simply get the one and only dud of the batch? I am really glad to see you got a new hitch too. I was concerned about this.

To be perfectly honest, I am concerned now and am considering simply selling off my trailer and investing into the saddle bag add-on over the rear tire. Seems a better option than running into a repeat of this issue when I go to New York in August.

• So did they have any further thoughts as to why that hitch broke? Is the armature on the right side too thin or narrow? Or did I simply get the one and only dud of the batch? I am really glad to see you got a new hitch too. I was concerned about this.

To be perfectly honest, I am concerned now and am considering simply selling off my trailer and investing into the saddle bag add-on over the rear tire. Seems a better option than running into a repeat of this issue when I go to New York in August.

Not really, some hypothesis's, but more curious about what type of trailer you were pulling, tongue weight etc. Also wondering if the bolts on the rear shock mount where the hitch bolts to were tight enough, if loose, this could have caused that area to fatigue and break.

I wouldn't be surprised that they will be addressing this in the current design and have me do some heavy duty testing again.

• Rather than hijack your thread I moved my response back to the SOS thread.

One day, when I set aside some play money, I will need to chat with you about your engine mods, lol.

• Took the Sling for a long ride with the new full setup: CAI (already had), Side Exhaust (already had, but new) and the header.
    What a sweet sound! Pedal to the metal and got a nice voicetrous crisp roar with a nice little rap at the end of each exhaust pulse and a nice pleasant rumble at cruise.

As far as non Turbo's go, this looks sweet!

Looks great man! Just finished doing mine last week as well!

Alpha makes some damn good products!

Twinsies....lol