Armadillos suck

• I've managed to avoid the live ones, so far. I have hit a dead one with one of my wheels and it felt like hitting a large rock! Last Saturday night, I top a hill and someone had hit something in the oncoming lane and parts of it were in my lane. On my return trip, I realized it was a (presumably wild) hog, probably around 150+ lbs. Just glad I didn't hit one of them.
    Back around 2010 or 2011, I was on a night ride on my SV650 from Gatlinburg, TN over to the Dragon and was coming down the Foothills Parkway toward Chilhowee and 29 when a bear cub rolls out of the bushes and down the embankment towards the road. I managed to avoid it and don't think Mom would have been very forgiving if I had hit it. It was a little unnerving.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I've managed to avoid the lives ones, so far. I have hit a dead one with one of my wheels and it felt like hitting a large rock! Last Saturday night, I top a hill and someone had hit something in the oncoming lane and parts of it were in my lane. On my return trip, I realized it was a (presumably wild) hog, probably around 150+ lbs. Just glad i didn't hit one of them.
    Back around 2010 or 2011, I was on a night ride on my SV650 from Gatlinburg, TN over to the Dragon and was coming down the Foothills Parkway toward Chilhowee and 29 when a bear cub rolls out of the bushes and down the embankment towards the road. I managed to avoid it and don't think Mom would have been very forgiving if I had hit it. It was a little unnerving.

Agree! The cub's mother wouldn't have been able to "bear" it... :rolleyes:

Seriously, glad all turned out well!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• We have so many armadillos that our annual small town festival is named, The World Famous Armadillo Festival. It includes armadillo races and a cash prize weigh in for the heaviest one caught. I know, pic or it didn't happen:

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• We have so many armadillos that our annual small town festival is named, The World Famous Armadillo Festival. It includes armadillo races and a cash prize weigh in for the heaviest one caught. I know, pic or it didn't happen:

We are so thankful you don't golf...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: